Designers » T-Z » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women

Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Videos
Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Mon Paris Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

YSL is launching the new Paris-inspired line called Mon Paris, coming out mid-2016. Mon Paris is announced as a dazzling fragrance that represents a modern olfactory interpretation of love, free from all the obstacles, dedicated and intense.

The composition has a fruity start, intoxicating floral heart and a dark chypre base. It opens with a juicy and sweet blend of Calabria bergamot, strawberry, raspberry and pear. The heart is dominated by datura flower accompanied by a bouquet of peony, Chinese and Sambac jasmine and orange blossom. Airy crystal white musk (three types of it), ambroxan and an intense patchouli duo (from Indonesian and Guatemala) provide the provocative classic chypre signature base.

The campaign shot by French film direction duo Clément Durou and Pierre Dupaquier features Canadian model Crista Cober and French actor Jérémie Laheurte shown together in various parts of Paris, including a club, the Metro, near the Eiffel Tower and on the Opéra Garnier’s roof, during both day and night. The still ad was photographed by Billy Kidd.

YSL Mon Paris is available as a 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum. Mon Paris was created by Olivier Cresp, Harry Fremont and Dora Baghriche.

Strawberry Raspberry Pear Calabrian bergamot Calone Orange Tangerine

Mon Paris Star Edition

Mon Paris Fragrance Reviews

artisy
artisy

Berry generic. Sticky syrupy candies cloaked in a very clean patchouli.

herriot
herriot

the fantasy perfume that i wear it to make fantasy moments

raw umber
raw umber

Strawberry candy and plastic dolls. I love it.

ssaminn
ssaminn

I really love the opening of this. It's the prettiest thing ever with a huge cloud of all kinds of red/black berries & tangerine & orange & pear...

BUT, after the opening, it develops a huge musk smell with a bit of peony and white florals, and there's only a faded hint of that beautiful opening left. I've smelled this like a million times before, and I feel cheated at this moment! How can such a gorgeous bottle with this lovely summery opening end up here?! It's just too much musk, and I have to admit I hate musk... Also, the sillage is really weak after 30 minutes which is disappointing. the longevity is also no more 3 hours.
I wish I could have a fragrance that smelled like the opening of this, with that intensity for 6 hours! Imagine that! Then my search for a perfect summer fragrance would end. But not today...

Contessa01
Contessa01

This reminds me a lot of La Petite Robe Noir - maybe too much so. I ended up purchasing it on a great sale and I have been wearing it though I think it is just not quite special enough for me to recommend it. It is a nice classy fragrance, sweet and does last on my skin but there is nothing overly unique about it that really impresses me.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Got a 1 ouncer of this for Easter, the bottle is so cute! Sometimes with the 30 mLs you lose the whole effect of the packaging, but in this design it just works. Adorable!
On first spray I immediately thought of fruity champagne, it was fizzy and effervescent. Then the fragrance becomes a cotton candy like strawberry plastic doll with a clean patchouli that is very familiar to a lot of fragrances. To compare it to other fragrances I'm sure others will think of comparing...
-Flowerbomb (similar sweetness level and effervescence but flowerbomb smells nothing like fruit)
-Oriens (YSL has cleaner patch, oriens is spicer and dirtier)
-Miss Dior (YSL is much more cotton candy like, sweeter)

Another thought...this fragrance is kind of like if Ari by Arianna Grande and Flowerbomb had a marshmallowless baby...I also think of shampoo a little bit. All kinds of good thoughts really, the fragrance envelops me in good associations. I will give the nod that I agree it's very generic by the current standards, but a welcome addition and nice gift to my wardrobe.

xonkmc
xonkmc

I first experienced Mon Paris via a tester while shopping during after-Christmas sales last year, and remember thinking it was so bright and lovely on the test card. I finally bought a small sample vial recently and have been testing it out on myself. While I still think it's a nice scent, I've determined that this one is not for me. Mon Paris makes me feel like I'm sitting in a cloud of fruity sweetness, and while I like the sweet scent, it's nauseating for the first 2 hours and affects my sense of taste. If I could remove the experience of enduring this fragrance for its first 2 hours, I would happily wear this all the time.

Mon Paris opens with very sweet notes of strawberry, raspberry and pear. I get a hint of citrus, but nothing that really speaks to me distinctly as orange and bergamot. On drydown, I still get a general sense of very sweet fruit, backed by peony, jasmine, and patchouli notes. Projection on this fragrance is heavy for the first couple of hours, then tapers down to moderate. I enjoy the scent once it settles down, but those first couple of hours are borderline headache-inducing (and I'm not a heavy sprayer - 1 spray to each wrist only).

-- Batch Code - 62N503
-- Notes detected (in order of strength)
---- Initial - strawberry, raspberry, pear, citrus
---- Drydown - fruit, peony, jasmine, patchouli,
-- Longevity - long lasting (11-12 hours)
-- Projection - Heavy for 1-2 hours, then moderate
-- Season - Spring/Summer
-- Safe for school/work? - No; projection is too heavy during its first couple of hours for close quarters environments
-- Safe to blind-buy? - No

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

Loving this fragrance. Very fruity and ideal for Spring/Summer. It smells almost fizzy on my skin, in a pleasant way.
I always get compliments when I wear it. I do find it fairly strong so for me this is more of a special occasion fragrance or one for the evenings.
Certaintly my favourite Yves Saint Laurant female fragrance. One I would definitely re purchase too. I don't think it's a scent you can get bored of.

Floffles
Floffles

This one lasts on!!! Which surprised me, since Black Opium only stayed on for about 2 hours. The warm and sexy is what goes for the long haul. The fruity sweet beginning only lasts about an hour, tops; but, delightful while so. Its sexy and a little flirty. Not too old, not too young. Just right.

Top notes are very fruity - lots of strawberry and raspberry - and very pleasant. However, after a while it becomes very strange. Some awkward note is there and it is not so nice anymore.

SmokeySings789
SmokeySings789

I held off on this one. I did not see the point in even testing this, because I figured it would fall in line with so many fragrances released in recent years, the overly sweet or fruity patchoulis that seem to be popping up everywhere in recent years or seem to cater to the 20-somethings. Boy, was I wrong!!!

This is a lovely grown-up woman's fragrance. I detect mainly floral, with a bare hint of sweetness. The patchouli is almost lost on me, I have to strain to pick up the patchouli; and at certain point in the day, I do pick up some fruity notes. But for me, this is mainly a lovely floral. I agree with the reviewer who described this as a modern romantic fragrance, I think that is a perfect description. I never really looked at YSL fragrances, but they are fast becoming my faves. This and YSL Parisienne are pretty much all I wear any more. Both are very nice safe 'go-to's' that are great for day to night, and suit many occasions. This is not terribly heavy, but due to some notes, I would be careful who I wear this around (which is true of pretty much all perfumes, anyway). I love the bottle design of this, feminine and classic. Looks so pretty on the vanity; looks prettier in-person than online pic's. Just lovely, all-around.

I would say due to the notes picking up differently for some, to test this first before buying this. I think this is one of those scent that certain body chemistries pick up certain notes more than others.

Effalia
Effalia

This is a beautiful, delectable scent. It reminds me of lychee berries or lychee liquor, though I can detect the strawberry and raspberry notes. Very feminine, saccharine and exquisite to wear in the day time or nighttime.

SuadKhamis
SuadKhamis

I agree with all the people who hate this perfume for whatever their reasons are! This smell is not feminine, and nor is it pleasant to wear! I don't know what it is except that all I can think of is that this perfume is telling me "I'm going to attack all the perfumes that people are wearing around you, and make your head blast"! LOL

Blytheaar
Blytheaar

My review should be entitled, "You know you have a perfume problem when". I got a sample of this at Sephora and I've been wearing it for the last three days straight. That alone is weird. But I am fascinated by how it changes and how much I like it. At first blast it smells like cough syrup on me, straight up. Or some kind of children's medicine. Then it settles into something fruity with vanilla - probably the strawberry that people who are more sophisticated than I am can detect. Then it goes through what I think of as the Flowerbomb phase, which is doubtless the patchouli. Eventually it settles into a very delicious vanilla. I would have said it only lasts for four to five hours, except when I got home from an eight hour work day yesterday and could no longer smell it myself, my husband still could (he said I smelled "fruity"). So there you go. I want this perfume even though I a) already have flowerbomb b) already have perfumes that smell like vanilla. But you know, I don't have THIS one.

savageinstrangeland

@Michylaka, Thank You! Your review was super helpful and exactly what I needed to know.

Michylaka
Michylaka

@savageinstrange I am sorry you did not find the reviews here helpful. I have been meaning to do a review on the splendid and very vibrant Mon Paris for a while now.

I personally love this one with a passion. It is a modern romantic scent. I bought it as my scent for Valentines day!

Upon first application Mon Paris is a moderately sweet and noticeably Strawberry fragrance with a light airy Bergamot zest. It is not a little girl type Strawberry but more mature, urbane and chic. Also there is some Raspberry and Pear which are highly "juicy" and detectable. As the Fruity notes calm down there becomes noticeable quite a bit of Patchouli that is done just right which adds an Earthy sweet vibe. At this point there are floral notes coming out too. Vibrant Peony, unique green Datura and creamy Jasmine are the most noticeable. There is also a small bit of Musk but it is faint. In true Chypre style there is Oakmoss that is most noticeable on the drydown but it gives off a slightly dry accord from first spritz. Also the Citrus I had detected upon first application comes out again nicely in the dry down. There are subtle Woody and Vanilla notes too for the entirety for balancing the sweet, fruity, and floral notes as well. So nice!

I find this fragrance to be well made, uplifting and playful. I find it similar to La Petite Robe Noir Couture but a tad bit sweeter yet lighter. Test it first as it is not for everyone.

Longevity is about four to five hours. Sillage is enormous at first but then it becomes within arms reach after an hour. Also Mon Paris is great for layering.

savageinstrangeland

The amount of un-helpful hate on here is rather astounding... I get it, it's nothing groundbreaking or earth-shatteringly new in terms of composition. But here's a thought, this type of fragrance SELLS. Why? Because a great majority of people like them and not every perfume is made with YOUR personal taste in mind. It's made with what sells in mind. What I'm driving at here is, you might not like fruity chypres or fruity florals or fruitchoulis, but it's you who is in the minority on that. You really can't fault a designer for keeping up with current tastes and making what the majority of consumers want to buy.

When I test fragrances outside of my "norm" catagory, even if I'm not crazy about them I try to keep my reviews helpful to the people who do like that fragrance and may be considering a purchase. Because ultimately, you don't need to know how much I think you're going stink (nor would it matter what I think) and you don't need to know how I am deflecting my own personal tastes in the form of disappointment with a designer. You would want/need to know about the quality, longevity, silage, is it worth the price point, etc. I'm not saying we should never say, "It wasn't for me" or "it's not my style, but..." I just wish people wouldn't come on here to "review" a fragrance simply to bash it. Personally, I quite enjoyed the quick sniff I got from a paper test strip and before I bought a full bottle I came here hoping to find some info on this fragrance. Instead, nearly every other review I read were complaints from people who most likely never even sprayed it on their skin or got passed a quick wiff before dismissing the whole brand as "washed up." lol I guess I'm going to have to buy a mini first and test it out for myself because the great majority of these reviews were highly unhelpful and frankly, snobby. Just tossing that out there. It'd be really cool if we could all at least try to stay helpful when reviewing.

FrkFors
FrkFors

This is just a generic sweet berry smell on me. It's just a nice and ok perfume. Would use it if I got it as a gift, but would never buy it for myself.

hyoid666
hyoid666

Much in the way of “Decadence”, Mon Paris is dark and sexy. A bouquet of fruits, it has a great start but it does level off into something plasticy and burnt. It definitely is cheap smelling, but it seems to be offset for me by those initial bursts of sweet fruit. I’m mixed on this one, it’s young and sexy but maybe it tries to do more than it’s capable of. 6.5/10

virga
virga

Mon Paris is sophisticated fruity-chypre, definitely not gourmand. And it is original in a way that it has no sugar, no praline or coffe notes. The patchouli brings most of the sweetness, but it is very clean, even dry. The queen-note is strawberry, but then again - it is very sophisticated, not bubble-gum like fruit. I can also detect jasmine, peony and ceder-moss. This scent is bright, fruity, spring-like, but calm and mellow at the same time. Inviting, but not flirting. Kind of light, but very serious scent. Suitable for all age groups, I can imagine a male wearing it, it’s not strictly feminine and definitely not a girly scent. And there is no comparison to cheap celebrity scents or sugar bombs like Black Opium, Si or La Vie Est Blle. The only negative aspect is that Mon Paris lacks complexity – the scent doesn’t change much. Longevity and silage are very good.

prettyswag

@peachysugarbuns, If you look at your collection of scents you own ..you will notice you have scents that have similar base notes that work for u and that you favor. It may be that you like powdery soft scents or clean white florals , like iris or tuberose etc. I love this scent its amazing on my skin and it has a loud kick i love on me. I hate powdery or anything micheal kors for example..its horrid on my skin..just saying:)

ashypie2004
ashypie2004

First off, the fragrance snobs are completely right about this. It's nothing new or original or complex. It's at the top of the fruity-patchouli-sweet trend bandwagon. With that said, I am in no way ashamed to love this scent. It's so delicious and more sophisticated than drugstore body sprays, contrary to what some others have reviewed. It also lasts forever on me. I applied it this morning at 6am, and I just now got out of the shower at 7pm and I can still get a hint of it on my wrist! Most of the current sweet trend scents are too heavy on the vanilla for my taste (looking at you, Black Opium). So I appreciate that the vanilla is downplayed here so the raspberry, strawberry, and patchouli really shine out. I would compare this to La Petite Robe Noire EdT (the light pink one), but I think I prefer Mon Paris over it. Don't let the 'basic'-ness of this scent put you off. If you like it, go for it!

Yessamin
Yessamin

According to my tester card:

An intoxicating white chypre to make you lose your senses.
The sensuality of white petaled musk, enlightened by a vertiginous datura accord and balanced by the intensity of an exceptional patchouli. The trail of intense love.
Peony accord
White musk
Datura accord
Patchouli essence

Un chypre blanc enivrant à en perdre les sens.
La sensualité de muscs blancs pétalés, iluminée par le vertige d'un accord fleur de Datura et contrastée par l'intensité d'un patchouli d'exception. Le sillage de l'amour fou.
Accord pivoine
Muscs blancs
Accord datura
Essence de patchouli

Un chipre blanco intoxicante para hacerte perder los sentidos.
La sensualidad del musc de pétalos blancos, iluminados por una vertiginosa datura y contrastados por la intensidad de un excepcional patchouli. El rastro del amor intenso.
Acorde de peonia
Musc blanco
Datura
Esencia de patchouli

sretana
sretana

I didn't like it when I smelled it on a friend, but that was because a few days later, I realized it was wrong on her and would be better on me.... I felt it was emotive, and exciting, and actually different from what everyone else is doing at this time, even though many reviewers here are saying it is nothing special. On me, I feel like it is. I like the patchouli along with the raspberry in it, I think those are the two notes that make it attractive. It;s heady, comes on strong, and I agree that longevity could be better. I have a little sample of it, and I'm going to use it for a few weeks and see if it's worth a bottle.

prettyswag

I actually decided to cave and grab a bottle because i didnt like this at first ...but now i think its really nice ..only thing it doesnt last on me. Its really sexy and fruity.

audreyt1984
audreyt1984

It is on the mature trail of gourmand. Not a sugar or candy bomb like Pink sugar, for example. It makes me think of something between La vie est belle by Lancôme and Avon passion. This is a nice scent, but doesn't Worth the heavy price. The longevity and sillage are poor on me, which sucks, cause I like the smell a lot. It is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING original though, I think people expect more from YSL.

Jahzara
Jahzara

I Love this perfume so much! I saw that YSL came with a new perfume and I was curious to smell it. I first smell it while I was on my vacation in the Netherlands and I totally fell in love. I bought it here in my island when I came back from vacation. But whenever I spray it, it reminds me of my vacation in the Netherlands.
I use it always when my hubby and I are on a date. When we came back from our vacation I use it first on our date night. So it also reminds me of that :)

So it reminds me of so many beautiful things!

I get a lot of strawberries in this perfume.
It's sweet but not too sweet. I get a little bit of floral. Its the perfect mix of the two of them. It lasts very long on me ! However, I don't know how good the silage is. But I definitely know that its very long lasting. Today is Friday, and I can still smell it on a dress I wore last saturday. Like I just sprayed it, unbelievable!
It's not fainty at all.
My only concern is about the silage, so I have to wait to get compliments on it.
My husband can smell it on me, but I want to know the opinion of someone else if they can smell it on me.

Great scent for a date night!

Nobrainer22tx
Nobrainer22tx

It's ok. Not like something I typically like. I usually go for the massively popular "youthful" fragrances so to say like the Marc Jacobs perfumes and not so much for higher end designer fragrances. This seems sophisticated and sexy to me, like something I'd wear on a date with a mature man. It was a bit strong/ chemically when I first sprayed it on and kind of burned my nose. But I waited a while and let that initial yuck die down and then I started to like it. The softness and sweetness came out which is not overly sweet because the patchouli balances it out. I am not usually a fan of patchouli but this one works ok on me for some reason. Maybe it's because it has enough sweet to nutralize it.

Edit:
Trying it out again. It's growing on me & it smells totally different. Now I really smell the fruit initially, and the combo of strawberry/raspberry/pear etc kinda reminds me of lychee or something else. I can also smell the floral notes better. It's got a more youthful vibe to me now if one wishes to label fragrances that way.

I don't like at all. It's awful. I am surprised it's so bad.
It has literally every note in it. All synthetic smelling fruity notes are represented. Some patchouli, oakmoss, woody notes and slushy not so nice florals as well.
This is just so overdone, I hope I never smell it again.
It could possibly make my head ache.

Nataliemarie
Nataliemarie

Love this! Spray a little, beautiful, spray a lot & you become a gorgeous smelling powerhouse! Ever how you like it. Shannon (below) There is NO appropriate "Age" for a perfume wearer. It's personal preference & perception. Some will perceive this as an older persons perfume, some will envision a teenager. Wear what YOU feel like fits you at the age you are. I just feel people read a comment like that & think, "Oh, I'm on 22, so I won't like this. If you are under 30, you can only like Apples, over 30, you can only like Oranges. Nah. Gender should never be an issue either. Natalie N on YT,

shannonwheeler05
shannonwheeler05

I really love this as a fun fragrance. I love the strawberry note, which for me, is just totally happy and free-spirited. MonParis is loud and unabashedly girlie. It's not necessarily a complex or sophisticated fragrance, and I would love to see pink pepper or something a little bitter in the notes to give a little bit if bite to the singularly sweet notes, but that's ok- it's just a fun pink fragrance. On me the silage and longevity are very substantial.

I'm late-30s and feel like it's appropriate for any age, although I think the greatest appeal would be to young women, although the price might be limiting.

The packaging is classy and beautiful in its simple design, in my opinion.

I get very strong strawberry on the opening, and that remains a bold note all the way through for me. I don't notice specifically raspberry, although I tend to love that note anyway. On me, the peony is the noticeable floral. I think some of the citrus is there in the background, but it doesn't quite offset the sweetness of fruits. The pear is there, which I don't mind although I typically strongly dislike pear. I think YSL must do pear in their own way, because I also enjoy the pear in Black Opium epd.

I think even though it's a bold fragrance, it feels summery to me. I haven't worn it at all this winter, since early fall, because I love the warm, cozy gourmands and the dark, big fragrances that are only good in cold temperatures. But I think it would be nice year round in general, just not for me. I think this has a place in a wardrobe if you want a happy, irreverent, fun fragrance that has nice quality, but it's not a safe blind buy unless you are totally a fruity sweet lover.

mmm_331
mmm_331

too average & underwhelming for such a legendary brand.

phunkyvida
phunkyvida

I just got a purse spray size of this fragrance at ulta. It is very strawberry, pear with a hint of patchouli - not dirty patchouli but somehow the patchouli smells clean on me. It's a chic, classy fragrance. I've recently been into sweet fragrances and this is one something I would love to own full size-it puts me in a happy, lighthearted mood.

Kathleen13
Kathleen13

I was interested in sampling this fragrance for one reason: the datura note. I enjoyed the fragrance of real datura flowers in nature when I lived in New Orleans and am interested in finding a perfume that incorporates it in a way I like. I think datura is probably in here somewhere, but it doesn't come out very prominently for me, and between this and one other perfume I sampled on the same day, this seemed to fade faster and project less well. I don't detect any patchouli, and I think the fresh fruity notes at the beginning, while nice, conspire to help hide the datura from me. If I had to choose one word to describe this, I suppose I might say "fresh". It's sweeter in the beginning (although I disagree with those who feel it's sickeningly sweet; I've smelled plenty sweeter perfumes) and there's a better chance of picking up the datura as it wears, but it's just not quite what I'm looking for.

laurniko
laurniko

Eh. I'm a gourmand girl, and fruity doesn't usually bother me. This is nice. It's safe. You can wear it to work. It's not sexy to me, it doesn't have depth, and coming from such a legendary house, one of which I love most things from, I feel like it's pretty pedestrian. It may be bc I tend to go for "darker" scents, but I have worn this to work, to mother's day brunch, to PTA meetings, so it has it's place. That's exactly what I bought it for, so it's met it's purpose. But after a while it just seems to fall into that same fruity flowery category that every single fragrance has. It's not signature material to me. It's a safe gift, if you're the gifting type. The best way to keep and wear this, to me, would be to get a purse spray and keep it handy for impromptu work happy hours, client meetings, when you forget to wear something out of the house and just need - something - to wear. It has it's place, but for something from the legendary Yves, I expect more!

oshin.sharma
oshin.sharma

I love gourmands and believe me I wear my sweet scents shamelessly probably cloying everyone around me!! but even for me this is sickly sweet. It is soo sweet that it smells very artificial and sharp.. almost industrial.. I could not stand it on my skin for more than 15-20 mins and washed it off.. so cant comment on the dry down but the opening is like bubblegum, sugar and raspberries and all that you can think of as sickening sweet mixed together and then heated for hours to make a scent soo sweet that it almost suffocates you

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

All bright peony, strawberry-raspberry jam with a vanilla base. This is my best friend's favourite, so it makes me smile. The dry-down in particular is very pretty, cuddly and familiar.

For myself, I think Trésor Midnight Rose is a more complex, sophisticated choice for those who want a berry-vanilla-floral blend. But if you have one, you likely don't need the other!

Update March 7, 2017: This is SUCH a fun girly fragrance. I ran out of my Trésor Midnight Rose quite some time ago, and I didn't realize what a fragrant void it left. My little sample of Mon Paris has been lifting my spirits whenever I need something bright, happy and girly. I may have to pick up a rose-berry-vanilla concoction soon! I've been eyeing Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming as well.

tracy.obrien
tracy.obrien

The opening smells so like watermelon jolly ranchers on my skin that whatever subtleties the base had were completely drowned out by that strong and instant association. After about an hour, the jolly rancher smell settled and something vaguely spicy and/or incense-y wafted in and out indistinctly. After 5 hours or so, the overall tone mellowed into a soft, sugared lilac that wasn't unpleasant, but certainly nothing interesting.

I'm clearly not the target market for this fragrance in the slightest, and if I loved smelling like candy this would sure do it. A resounding meh.

Madrona
Madrona

Went into this with an open mind but god damn, that's screechy. Detergenty musk and nose-assaulting fruitchouli with sour peony and pear. No. No. No. Can't handle it, captain.

engrengl
engrengl

I was surprised at the polarizing effect this perfume evidently has had ... but I like it! This was the second sample I ever tried, so maybe that's why, or maybe I just have funny tastes.

I never wore perfume as a teenager, nor did most of the girls I knew, so I have not been tainted by what is apparently the typical teenage girl smell of fruity patchouli. Mon Paris smells fruity, yes, and for me evokes everything pink - but it does not smell cheap. It's cozy, it's fluffy, it's sweet, and what is so wrong with that? Sometimes you need it, sometimes you want it. I have a terrible sweet tooth when it comes to food, and scent is so closely related. I daresay I love Mon Paris.

The drydown is where it gets a bit more mature (just a bit), in that it stabilizes into a very comforting sweetness - in the initial spray I can see it might threaten a sickly sweet fruity tone.

This lasts very well on me, 10 hours or so. It also stays on your clothes, and I actually think it smells even better the next day.

JacquieDS

A work collegaue gave me a small bottle of this precious juice for my birthday. Its my anti-depressant scent, Heaven....and it lasts for over 8 hours....

Minty Mouth
Minty Mouth

This perfume smells how it tastes when you have chocolate stuck in your teeth and eat a mango.

sda11489
sda11489

I am not a fan of this perfume. In my opinion, it's sickly-sweet, and the patchouli note does not complement the other notes in this. It's very strong, and it gave me a headache when wearing, which hardly any other perfumes do. I know that so many people love this fragrance, so maybe it's just my body chemistry, but this does not smell good on me at all. I asked my husband if he liked it, and even though he's never told me that he does not like a fragrance, he said it's not one that he would choose.

emt1986
emt1986

@Endymion...

Apparently we're not, and how obviously wrong we are for it, too! Mercy me, thank heavens we have the likes of you to set us straight. Bless your heart <3

iamoir
iamoir

•Dazzling fragrance that represents a modern olfactory interpretation of love, free from all the obstacles, dedicated and intense: wow i did not know that modern love affairs should smell strawberry and raspberry...whatever you do you.

•fruity start? Indeed, fruity right of the bat and in the drydown too. Fruity and sweet.
•intoxicating floral heart? Nope, nothing floral seems to develop on my skin at least, at any point.
•dark chypre base? Funny thing is, that even though the base is clearly is a chypre one, they even added oakmoss, the overall result is not chypre at all.

So many notes, so many of them not working. It does open with strawberry, raspberry and all the fruit, so sugary, and I'm thinking...that sugary note, i know it...yep, it's the same thing as in Eros Pour Femme Versace and Fresh Couture Moschino (only in this one it does not ligner): ambroxan. The pefume will turn musky in half an hour, which is a good twist, it balances out the sweetness. Patchouli also helps believe it or not, dry in the background keeps the fruit notes tamed. The drydown could be boozy at times.

I classify this as gourmand-non-gourmand, it's borderline food-like. Generically sweet musky and patchouli-ish. Nothing innovative, nothing grounbreaking. Girly, non serious, inoffensive and a crowd pleaser perfume.

I don't know if I'm going to wear it.

P.S.: yep, as I imagined it. Not disappointed by the drydown at all, I enjoy a boozy scent.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

Such a sweet delicious fragrance

I love the bottle and the packaging. It makes for a thoughtful gift (guys take note!). This is a casual wear any time fragrance. It's pretty, soft, delicate and inoffensive and so it can be worn by younger than 18 girls as well. I get mostly a fruity scent out of it. Lots of strawberries, raspberries, some citrus, freshness, like young skin and great smelling hair. It's got a calone note which boosts the freshness. It has a lot of aroma chemicals. There's some ambroxan in there too and patchouli all which help to support the fruity floral edges. Love the jasmine and the peony.

Don't have much else to say. If you like fruity florals and you enjoy smelling good head to toe, buy it. This matches up with some hair shampoos I have. I always get compliments on it. I love it.

Arielrose
Arielrose

I have been a true Strawberry fanatic since childhood. The scent and flavor (fruit, candy, candles, etc) have always been delicious to me! I was on the search for a great strawberry infused scent and tried quite a few. This is my favorite and I can't wait to buy a full size bottle.
I got a sample bottle from Sephora and the most dominant notes for me are the strawberry (yay!) and the Jasmine, which make this feel really gorgeous. I find the Strawberry note lasts in this perfume far better than most, because certain fruit notes can be very fleeting most of the time.

The notes are all realistic - sorry to anyone who thinks it smells cheap or fake - it truly does not. I used to work at Bath & Body Works years ago and I know from fake ;)
I am also SO very glad that the Raspberry note in this is subtle and not screechy or over the top, because so many otherwise great scents go bad on me because the darn Raspberry is so loud.

Strawberry and Jasmine seem like they would be synonymous with Summer, but there is enough depth and longevity for me to wear all year with no issue.
Yes it's sweet and fruity, but that's something I really enjoy and if you do to, you will probably love 'Mon Paris'!

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I LOVE this. Sweet and raspberry like in the beginning and first hour or so, but then evolves into something more musky and deep and skinlike.

It reminds me a bit of Juicy Couture 'I Am Juicy Couture', which is more young and fresh with the dominant passion fruit. But they have the same raspberry note, but Mon Paris is much more sofisticated and deep - it most certainly has the French Je Ne Sais Quoi mysterious alluring timeless feel to it, which I find in the older YSL Paris as well.

My Mother always wear YSL Paris (the original 80's version), so she gifted me with this one, as it is like a younger daugther to the original Paris fragrance. A very cute thought, I think :)

It last for ages, projects very well and is all in all a wonderful, feminine true classic that many women, both young girls as well as more mature women easily can wear and pull of. The bottle is amazing as well - cute, ladylike and very, very pretty on my vanity table.

Highly recommend it - works well as a safe gift too :)

Tosia
Tosia

To me, this smells exactly like a really passionate love affair would (if it had a smell). It is sweet and intense, to the point where it's almost sickening but you still love it and want more, because despite everything it's so alluring and intoxicating! It lasts for ages and gets a lot of compliments. Love it.

mintymilky
mintymilky

I've been trying this at the perfume store a few times by now and it never convinced me.
It's too sweet and fruity, and it smells very one-dimensional & artificial on my skin.
Of course, a newly released fragrance doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, but imho it should have that certain something and/or be well-balanced to make me like it.
On my skin "Mon Paris" smells like one of those Escada scents.. was it Turquoise Summer or Ocean Lounge?
Anyhow, I wouldn't spend my money on it. It's too boring and you definitely get similar or better scents for the price.

La DameDeNoir

Some days ago, during a visit to a commercial center, I was given a sample of this to test it, and I had the chance of testing it again. And I must say that the most I smell it, the most I dislike.

How could Yves Saint Laurent, the creator of Opium, Rive Gauche, Y, Nu...such memorable, beautiful scents (although, today, most are desfigured beyond recognition due to ruthless reformulations)... have released such boring, plane, mediocre juice..? This smells just the same as some sort of cheap fruit after shower bodyspray aimed to teenager girls...The kind of stuff that you can find in Pimkie, Bershka and all those low-cost clothing shops, targeted to young girls. Only that this one is slightly (only slightly) better made and is much more expensive...

JacquieDS

I have a sample vial of it, I really LOve this perfume. Its sweet yet got that woody musky sexiness to it, it has amazing longevity and sillage, like Alien.
Cant wait to own one...

vanessaprom
vanessaprom

I really like this fragrance when suspended on air but on my skin it smells sickly sweet and syrupy. Like fake strawberry flavoured pancake syrup. Not for me :(

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Sorry YSL lovers and the company itself, you've made a lot of nice perfumes, Manifesto, Black Opium etc but this one, Mon paris EDP is the closest perfume that I've ever smell to Miss Dior Cherie (discontinued)

I am not telling this to accuse of the house of YSL, but all of you that were crying for Miss Dior Cherie discontinuation and couldn't find something similar or all of you who haven't smelled it before, grab it and you'll get a 90% similarity to it.

By copying perfumes you can't become that glamorous but maybe YSL wishes to attract a lot of ex-lovers of the perfume mentioned above or even re-meet them to a thrill. I know my review looks like a bit negative or judging but one of the most positive things is that I found out I dislike strawberry note. It's too 'young' for my taste. All in all, a musky, fruity but maturish-fruity if you get my point, generic vanillic-patchouli and a strange sweet hug of strawberries.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Youthfull, sparkling and enjoyable juicy fruity floral. This reminds us how YSL house creates parfumes that can be claimed by young girls in fashion world. Little sister of Parisienne created half a decade back by the same house. Still going. I love Parisienne and fashion beauty :)

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

Adorable bottle. The scent is a beautiful sparkling strawberry that eventually dries down to school lunch pink strawberry milk. Not bad, I like strawberry milk. The scent is a bit generic and blends in with the other sweet ones out there today, but it is bright enough (plus it's strawberry!) to warrant a purchase.

sugahuni

An absolutely stunning perfume.Longevity and sillage are superb! Smells divine,quite fruity,love it.Cute bottle too☺

mrspowell
mrspowell

1/7/17
This is a fun perfume, OMG the first notes are Yummy, sweet and fruity and it then quickly turns into a nice soft floral with a soft sweetness to it kind of fragrance. The packaging is just adorable. The bow has delicate and feminine look to it.

pickapeck
pickapeck

I've worn Flowerbomb for years as it was pretty much unbeatable but I think YSL's Mon Paris has now taken the number one spot.

I absolutely love this perfume. Lasts all day, smells so fresh, always ignites a flurry of compliments & oooohs & aaaahs.

Honestly I don't care if anyone liked it or not, I feel so feminine & beautiful when I wear it, I don't think one could ask for much more in a fragrance.

Thank you YSL, this one's a winner for me at least!

Tovah
Tovah

I was excited when I heard about Mon Paris because I truly love the original Paris. I think it's a masterpiece. I didn't wear it, myself, until the early 2000s, but it was completely stylish then, alongside Clinique Happy, Beyond Paradise, Ardenbeauty, Baby Doll and all the "uplifting" scents everyone loved at that time. But Paris was, and is, outstanding in its depth. Mon Paris would be perfectly comfortable in that early 2000s lineup, but it would not be unique.I tried this when only one Tester was available at Ulta, and the shipment of fragrances had yet to arrive. I agree with Princess on the VS Strawberries & Champagne comparison. That was the first thing I thought of when I sniffed Mon Paris! However, the champagne is quickly overtaken and absorbed by a colossal, patchouli-soaked pear. If you've read any of my reviews about fragrances with pear, you know I'm not a fan, so you can guess that Mon Paris isn't for me. As far as pear goes, Mon Paris is no Petit Cherie. It's a first cousin to Daisy Eau So Fresh, Elizabeth Arden Untold, Aqua Allergoria Pera Granita, or Marc Jacobs Pear. It's clear-toned, pretty, fresh. If I loved pear, I would be thrilled to have Mon Paris. It's lovely on its own terms, but not at all exotic or daring.

Princess
Princess

Sweet scent, smells exactly like VS strawberrys and champagne. Not my cup of tea

lepalm
lepalm

This is a sweet fruity patchouli. I like fruitchoulis so I like this too. It seems to be higher quality than most celebrity fruitchoulis (some of which I really love). The sillage and longevity are great. Since it is a newer release, I can't imagine the price is worth what you are actually getting but it's nice. I wouldn't turn it down as a gift, especially since it comes in such a pretty bottle but I won't purchase it for myself. There are so many others in this genre to choose from.

Iloveperfume.ir
Iloveperfume.ir

Sweet,lively,colorful,classy
I love berry specially strawberry and pear and they are prominent in Mon Paris.it's a mix of sweet fruits,pretty flowers,patchouli and musk.a little sharp because of fruits but I like it very much.I feel like a happy rich stylish pretty young lady with this
You can wear it all the year except very hot days.it's strong at first then moderate
If you like perfumes like lancome tresor la unit you probably like Mon Paris.Mon Paris is brighter and more girly
شیرین،شاداب،رنگارنگ،پر از شور و نشاط زندگی و باکلاس
اگر شما هم به عطرهای میوه ای و شیرین به ویژه توت فرنگی و تمشک و گلابی علاقه مند باشید احتمالا این را هم می پسندید
مون پاریس ترکیبی از توت فرنکی و سایر میوه های شیرین گلهای لطیف و نعناهندی و مشک هست.این عطر حس خانومی جوان،شاد،پرانرژی،باکلاس و ثروتمند را ایجاد می کند
برای تمام سال بجز روزهای گرم خوب هست.در ساعت اول قوی هست اما کم کم به پخش متوسط میرسه
اگر عطرهایی مثل لانکوم لانویت ترزور را دوست دارید احتمالا این راهم بپسندید هرچند مون پاریس روشن تر و دخترانه تر و سبک تر هست

vkmcewen
vkmcewen

I just got a purse spray size of this fragrance. It is very strawberry, yet somehow took me back to Jr. High in the the 80's and my beloved Liz Claiborne (Liz Claiborne, in the plastic triangle bottle). It's an updated, slightly more mature version, but the resemblance is uncanny. I'm recently into sweet fragrances and this is one of my new favorites--it puts me in a happy, lighthearted mood.

Missisjoker
Missisjoker

It's a safe buy for those who like fruity/berry sweet smells. It is nice, has a strong strawberry note which is quite pleasant, is unoffensive and not cloying- but does not stand out among other similar sweet pinky perfumes. You can definitely invest into a tester/rollerball to use while traveling, but I don't see it as a signature smell, it's just doesn't stand out.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I hate to say that I found myself imagining the way this smelled from reading the notes above and imagining the opening through to dry-down. With this in mind, imagine my lack of surprise when I eventually did try this and my expectations were met, although not exceeded or humbled. Typically bright and ever so slightly tart opening, following through to a generic berry, synthetic/plastic end life. Yes, this is a nice smell, in as much as I'd spend a few moments sniffing the nice make-do everyday shower gel in the store that this resembles before casually tossing it in the basket and thinking nothing more of it.
Good, nice, but not extraordinary or revolutionary.

tanzp
tanzp

this is awful smells like white wine , the only thing going for it is the lovely bottle

She_Wolf
She_Wolf

So generic that it can't even be called "nice."

BettyNoir

I didn't like this at all. It's sickly sweet and very generic. Nothing like original Paris!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Mon Paris

Yves Saint Laurent

Strawberry Raspberry Pear Bergamot Calone Orange Tangerine

Datura Peony Orange Blossom Jasmine Jasmine Sambac

Patchouli Leaf Musk Ambroxan Cedar Wood Oak Moss Vanilla

A new flash in the pan perfume from the house of Yves Saint Laurent. I bought this fragrance last weekend in Macy's in Manhattan's Herald Square. It's all wrapped up now as a Christmas present for my mother & sister & a couple of my girlfriends. I love to buy gifts for loved ones. I spritzed some of this juice on myself at the department store. My first impression is that it's similar to Viva La Juicy and a bit like Fresh Couture by Moschino. It has some of the same notes as the fruity top floral heart and patchouli-ambroxan base. It has some modern innovations like the calone which provides it with supreme freshness and long lasting freshness unlike other perfumes that lose freshness.

This is not bad but it's not original; and not as complex, artistic or as engaging as the original Paris Yves Saint Laurent. YSL has done a few flankers like Parisienne but has mostly specialized in new fragrances that stand alone and don't need flankers. I don't think Paris needed a flanker anymore than Dior Poison or Opium needed flankers.

But do I love it? Yes I do!

This scent is a sweet summer time fruit scent that has a pleasant freshness & amber (not ambroxan) base which gives it a kind of fruit shampoo vibe. It has a sweet and innocent air; not seductive or sultry, not exotic, nor an Oriental, not smoky, dry; nothing like perfumes I've worn for years. Even when it's dry, the vanilla, a light creamy dreamy vanilla emerges and not any patchouli to my nasal detection, some amber (a bit like ambroxan but less intense) and some soft cedar wood. It's light and fresh.

For me this is a breath of fresh air & a welcome change for my collection. I like Paris the orignal & wear this fragrance as well. Both are wholly appropriate for spring & summer. Both are florals. The floral notes in this perfume include softer dreamy peony, jasmine sambac (not as much white floral jasmine) and a good deal of orange blossom.

For me this orange blossom is the herald of summer & it smells so good in this fragrance. This fragrance matches up with whatever you wear for the summer to keep cool: mini dresses, sundress, or even a top with no sleeves & a pair of shorts. It's a casual, relaxed fragrance but very charming. It's flexible enough so that it can also be worn with formal clothes for evening wear (dinner dates, parties).

I don't think this perfume is as descriptive of Paris as the first Paris but this is a sweet and lovely fragrance that seems to work well with my chemistry & lots of other people's skin chemistry. Nothing harsh about it, nothing too aromatic (unlike La Vie Est Belle) with a delicious fruit, soft flowers, vanilla & wood. Every note is like a stich in a cute dress for summer wear not only in Paris by the banks of the Seine but in your own neighborhood block party.

Bossette916
Bossette916

So I went to Macy's to purchase a perfume for going out at night to the club for my sister's birthday. I tried a few scents sprayed on the cards and came across Mon Paris by YSL. I only wanted a travel spray to take in my clutch. They didn't have Black Opium in the travel size which I liked when sprayed on the card, so I went with Mon Paris which they had in the travel and it smelled delicious.
On first smell Mon Paris is elegant, sophisticated and modern for today's young to mid-age lady who likes to grab attention. This scent has about 3 hours of longevity and the bottle, even the travel bottle is beautiful and designed well. The strawberry/raspberry top notes pop with sweet juiciness, which blossoms into the heart of the fragrance in a delecate jasmine duo, orange blossom and peony that is sweet-floral and addictive. Lastly, the base of the patchouli duo and musk round off the scent and leave a soft, mildly sweet, powdery aura.

I would purchase this again and again. I will be buying the full bottle now to add to my collection and use as one of my going out at night scents. Even my sister who is picky about scents and hard to please with a new fragrance, liked and asked to use my Mon Paris while we were out!

EBaby
EBaby

I really wanted to love this. Turned sharp on me; I was so disappointed. Senses may have been overwhelmed, but I had to wash it off. Chemistry, what can you do, eh? Fragrance failure for me!

emmahlou
emmahlou

Strawberry, raspberry and sweet sweet SWEET patchouli. Nothing groundbreaking, obviously, but it's nice! Soft sillage, but four sprays will be enough. 3-6 hours longevity. It's a nice perfume.

Smells similar to Black opium to me for some reason.

Missmaassen
Missmaassen

Before even smelling this perfume i thought it would be heavenly based on what i read and heard. however, although a very gorgeous bottle, i am disappointed. It is a very sweet juice like scent. To me this smells exactly like Lancome's LEVB. I honestly believe that if you wore one of these individuals would not be able to smell the difference. To me they are highly identical! unfortunately not for me

plum
plum

I sniffed it from a bottle and then sprayed on a card. Found the card a few days later in my pocket and just can't stop sniffing and thinking about it. This card smells like Euphoria - that's funny because it's the 2nd time a card sprayed in this particular store smells like Euphoria. I already have Euphoria but when found a really good Cyber Monday deal, I just couldn't resist.... I will go and try it on my skin today and if I don't like I will just return my bottle.
I think this fragrance is just good and I am really surprised with such mixed reviews here.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Hmm, I'm wearing it today and it's a pleasant surprise - rosy and sweet but not overly so. If I'm to analyze it in more detail - I can detect strawberries, pear, peony, jasmin with some musk in the backgroud.

natfragrant
natfragrant

The strawberry overwhelms this one and likens it to an inexpensive body mist scent. Also an echo of something I've already smelled which would be okay if only it wasn't so linear.

Wathgwen
Wathgwen

I gave this a try not having much in the way of expectations. It was *all* Iso E Super on me. I got very little of the fruit and a little bit of rose- otherwise, all synthetic cedar.

Now, I like Iso E Super, but I've got 100ml of a homemade 20% blend that I made for peanuts. If I want to smell like Iso E, I'm going to use that instead.

mishlava3000
mishlava3000

When I tried Mon Paris I had no expectations. A sales assistant urged me to try. One sniff and the strawberry raspberry combo got my attention. He laughed and said The latest from Paris range which meant nothing to me since I have not tried them.

I have been a little sulky since I came across Valentina Pink with its lovely big strawberry punch and gifted it to my daughter. She has declared it her signature scent and now I had been longing for strawberry since I wont wear her beloved.

But now Mon Paris comes to me. And it is musky strawberry floral and I love it. Already a complement after ten minutes of wearing today. Only brief pear on my skin and opens with raspberry. It is similar to Black Opium and I believe the current price tag is over the top so I wont purchase a full bottle. But the fragrance is undeniable pretty, fun and respectful of others scent experience!

Its not a powerhouse frag, but holds its soft scent to the end of the day on my skin by which time it is a floral musk.

Eicher
Eicher

I was waiting for this one. The bottle is gorgeous. Really it is. Simple and elegant.

The opening is lovely : sweet berries, a bit of pear,...fruity. Then it comes to flower. Still lovely. Youngish, fruity-sweet-foral scent. But it fades away after two hours on my skin (EDP!).

It was not a wow-effect at all. But it was nice. I had much bigger expectation with this one. Not on my purchase list. Unfortunately, it did not work out for me.

yebramarisol
yebramarisol

Cheap smell with no caracter :(!

MaryAddiction
MaryAddiction

It smelled nice on a paper strip. Not nice enough for me to buy. After testing it out on my skin it was definitely a "no". Smells very green on me, the fragrance completely changed into something ugly. I guess my skin and Mon Paris do not get along at all.

Renflower
Renflower

I think I just enjoy White peony in a fragrance. I like this one a lot.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I tried out this perfume as I sample I had gotten from Sephora. I was intrigued by the description of white musk and florals listed on the package. Overall, I was just overwhelmed by the top notes of raspberry and strawberry. VERY fruity, reminded me of the raspberry body spray my sister wore as a pre-teen with NO hints of the white florals or musk. Not a fave for me.

bronni666
bronni666

i have a card sample that i picked up over 3 weeks ago now. when i first got it, everytime i walked past it would waft my way and i thought how sweet and strong it was. 3 weeks later i can still smell it on the card and it almost smells the same as what it did fresh.
to me, i havent tried it on my skin, it is syrupy sweet almost to the point of sickly but it's pretty and floral. it's not a light scent though so it would be very economical as well. dont overdo the spraying. i can smell jasmine and patchouli with a hint of musk. reminds me of ed hardy skulls and roses.
so lasting power is excellent and silage was great too.
the bottle is nice too.
not sure if i'd buy it unless it was a sale item.

Amal Elyahyaoui
Amal Elyahyaoui

For me, it is a very very sweet perfume, it smells purely and only sugar, I could not recognize any other tones because of its sweetness.
it is 100% a Paris fragrance if you see Paris as pasteries and creapes and pies, but for me Paris is also fresh and alive and dynamic and this perfume is far from this, it blows you with its sweetness
the opening is very sweet and creamy and it remains the same till it fades away, I could not smell any other thing in it so it should be perfect for people who like sweet sugary perfumes

Soofiya

Tried it several months ago and I just remembered that I liked it and it reminded me miss dior cherie the first one and also lancome tresor la nuit,I couldn't make my decision to buy it or not.paying 92$ for a 3 oz(and believe me I'm buying it with a great discount since perfume seller is my close friend)needs some thinking.finally I ordered it while I was still hesitant.I remembered a very sweet fruitchouli and I thought there are lots of sweet fruity scents among celeb perfumes and other inexpensive ones
Oh well,it IS sweet and sweet strawberry is the most dominant note on me,but it's so pretty,so delicious and so lovely that I'm not dissapointed atall,sweet juicy fruits(strawberry,raspberry and pear,I can't get much orange)add such a flirty,colorful and playful vibe to florals that just makes me smile.florals are lightly playing here and aren't the main actor as in original Paris,however they're just as pretty and add a sheer feminine refinement to it
There's lots of notes in base but patchouli comes to me more.a very gentle and non-dirty one.it anchors pretty fruityfloral and doesn't bother me or cover other notes and there's just a hint of white musk
Mon Paris is a simple fragrance,but not as simple as you'd think first.but I can't name it unique by any means but it's oh so pretty,sweet,youthful and pleasing.it's so sweet in a sweet girly way as it's pink juice and pretty bottle suggest and to be honest I almost love it.don't get me wrong when I say sweet and chicky.it's also very classy.a perfume for a princess.I like original,bold fragrances but I also need the ones that make you feel pretty and happy so I'm glad to own this pretty girl,longevity and sillage are both great for me,so this is another plus.it stays +10 hours on my dry skin with great sillage during first hours and a moderate one after that..for me this is a cool weather perfume,however I don't have any limitations for sweetness in my perfumes,I think it's sweetness can make even me nauseous in summer heat.So I prefer it in autumn and winter,also Springs(maybe summer nights in case it's not hot?)in right weather it's sweetness is just great,it has a fruity sharpness but at the same time it has a light subtleness .all in all it's a sweet fruitchouli blended with lovely light musky floral
All in all adorable scent with adorable strength in adorable bottle.highly recommend to ladies that want a sweet modern chyprefruity and a youthful ultrafeminine scent which is also classy
❤❤❤❤❤
P.s:it seems to be a crowd pleaser.I received two compliments today,first day I'm wearing it and after hours of application so projection is really good

RedFairy
RedFairy

I've been testing this for a few days and I have to say I'm torn. Although I find it delicious smelling and really pick up those berry notes as well as pear, I'm uncertain if it's different enough to justify the price. I wonder if the reason I love it is because it mimics some others I already own. I feel like it reminds me a bit of Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia, which I adore. But then again it may be the similarities in the bottles that may have me thinking that. I find it a very joyful and playful scent that I would be happy to wear for daytime. I will have to try a few more times to discover if it has any unique qualities that make me want to purchase. Bottle is incredibly lovely though.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

My addiction to pink liquid perfume continues as i now add Mon Paris to my wardrobe. Immediately i was hooked by it's subtle sweet aroma, indeed a attractive floral fragrance. Light & a appealing divine berry fruitiness which give a young fresh appeal after a few hours, then turning mildly musky. I always stick by my principles that perfume has no age boundaries & its true, iam nearly 40 & it compliments me so well. Long lasting!... i mean one spray is enough & lasts (12+ hours ), no doubt a sillage bomb on me. Incredibly playful as i am running out of review track now, J'aime ça! offrez-vous....un gagnant.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Love this perfume!

I'm all over it right now!

First of all I wear both the original vintage PARIS by Yves Saint Laurent which is just as girly girl with a powdery sweet make-up in your handbag type of smell, which is girly too, and this new flanker. To me both fragrances were designed to be worn by women who love to smell as sweetly feminine as a young ballerina.

Mon Paris opens with fruity scents of tangerine, strawberry, raspberry and pear. Each note is detectable but the sweet strawberry is the biggest note. This is exactly like a strawberry flavored cotton candy or ice cream. The tangerine is also quite strong to my nose. The fruit is not deep or concentrated. It's light and a bit like hair shampoo.

The floral notes that come through loud and clear:

Orange blossom, citrusy-floral goodness

Jasmine, a big enough white floral on it's own, with the usual heady and white soap smell, very clean and pretty

Peony, a bit like a spicier rose

The florals are still as delightful as the ones in the first vintage Paris but less intense and less powdery. While the first Paris was a powdery floral bomb, this is a fruit candy smell which is just as nice

The dry down is darker and deeper with Oriental flashes of patchouli green aromatic herbs, and some woods, plus amber or ambroxan which only serve to project the fragrance's aroma

The siillage/longevity is excellent

I wear this to parties and to go out with girlfriends during the day in spring and summer weather. This is not a mature scent and I don't find that men give a damn whether I smell "mature floral" or "girly candy sweet". My personal experience with perfume is that I receive compliments when the perfume smells good on me no matter if it's a patchouli Oriental or a sweet fruity floral. It's all about how the scent affects you, your mood, your spirits, your body chemistry.

This one works with my chemistry.

I detect a similarity to only one fragrance:

La Nuit Tresor by Lancôme which I adore

The packing and bottle/design is very pretty. Makes a great thoughtful gift so guys take note!

A romantic sweet delicious perfume

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

When it comes to fragrances, i will either love, hate, or they will land somewhere in between. Not this one. I love it.. but i also hate it. It's so hard to describe, I've never felt this way about a fragrance before. There is something beautiful about it, and there is something sickening about it. I don't even know where to begin, it's so hard to describe.. all i can imagine is silky fruits. It's got a milky smell to it, but it isn't gourmand. I've never smelt anything like this before. i get tons of compliments when i wear it, but my mom said it was overwhelming. I can't say that i smell any specific notes that are listed, they all just blend together to form a unity of some incredibly unique.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent is sour strawberry/sticky-sweet raspberry perfectly blended with fresh patchouli leaves and a crisp hint of peony, all smoothed over a lush white floral base of datura, orange flower, and jasmine with a pop of citrus from the tangerine. To me this is modern mixed with vintage class. The patchouli is old school YSL while the fruity top notes sprinkle in some youth and the white florals are distinctly feminine with their creamy and luxurious aura. The bow is darling but I love the cut of the bottle. I can dress this scent up and down plus it lasts forever and I get loads of compliments when I spray this in my hair!

StavrouliMitsi
StavrouliMitsi

It has this characteristical "hint" that eey Yves Saint Laurent pefume has, and -I am a huge brand's fan- it is the first good thing about it!
It has a stong feminine smell of fruits but not in a childish and cute way. It has many "night" tones, it is definitely a winter perfume, and personally, I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!
I place it in the same category with La vie est belle and Black Opium.
Try it if like those too!!!!!!

Christina Ivy

I haven't been joining Fragrantica for a very long time, but it is an extremely fascinating thing to read all kinds of reviews(especially the kind got almost the same amount of Loves and Dislikes, such as this one).

Regarding 'Mon Pairs', I'm on the side of 'Dislike'(honestly, it's more like 'Hate'). Of course, I understand many of us draw to 'sweet', 'delicious(It's human nature!)' and 'girly' smells, and because of all that, this is an amazing perfume for every girl.

BUT, perfume is not fast food or soft drink (they shouldn't be, but the new perfumes are more and like 'fast food'), it shouldn't just smell 'sweet' or 'delicious;' Perfume is symbolic, it is a symbol of a (mature) woman, which distinguish them from girls. We are pretty familiar with the scene of little girls trying on her mother's (or any other famale's) perfume; It's also a symbol of adulthood, many of us would receive a perfume (usually a classic) as our 18th birthday gift from our parents, which we don't get something like this at 8.

Hence, traditionally, perfume is for adult and matured women and men only. Of course, larger corp like L'Oreal would make sure they have products covers all demographic.

This is something unique to the human and we human has a very long history of wearing perfumes. Therefore, our standard for 'great perfume' should never be as simple as 'sweet', ' delicious' or 'girly. Just because a few drunk dudes said it smells great doesn't make it a masterpiece (besides, we all know guys say all kinds of things to get what they want...).

'Mon Pairs' may be commercially successful, but that doesn't mean it's a great perfume. Just because McDonald's achieved huge success around the globe, doesn't mean Big Mac deserves Michelin star.

All I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid to get tough on perfumes and dislike a fragrance with confidence, no matter how popular or trendy it is, and don't afraid to get harsh on your reviews. With all due respect, a serious perfume review should not include description such as 'smells gorgeous' (what the heck does that suppose to mean?!), 'smells delicious', or 'yummy' (are we talking about perfume or Nutella?), etc.

Anyway, this is not much about 'Mon Pairs', but also my opinion on the standard of 'great perfume'.

As for RoyalPerez516, no, I do not encourage anyone to wear any perfume that 'smell like ass'. However, just because a perfume doesn't smell like Fanta doesn't make it 'smell like ass'.

sarah.nichols
sarah.nichols

So disappointing. I was hoping for at least a nod to the original YSL Paris and what I got was an unadulterated blast of pure cotton candy. It literally smelled like pure spun sugar with an unpleasant tang. The dry down faded to an indistinguishable floral scent.

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

Jesus either some of you people hate smelling nice, or you're just a bunch of wannabe perfume snobs. That's one thing I can't stand about so called frag-com, a bunch of snooty "I wanna smell like shit and barnyards cuz its trendy".

So what if it's done before, everything has been done before! there is no Magical unique note in your favorite perfume, they all share many similar notes! JEEZ!

this perfume smells delicious, I love it is sweet and girly, it is playful but it smells so good on my wife or any woman. If you want something that smells good, instead of smelling like ass because you think its cool, get your girl (or yourself for that matter!) this perfume!

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

I thought I was going to fall in love with this. At first spray it held all the promises and anticipation of something utterly divine ... then it turned into "Tunes" cherry flavoured cough sweets. So disappointing.

snoopyQ
snoopyQ

Too sweet for my liking. Fruity, girly, sweet fruitouli!
longevity and sillage are very good.
Nothing new here.

ladenu
ladenu

It smells like strawbery candy incense and synthatic cherry syrup. Not bad but my 29 years old self will pass this.

knotslandinggirl
knotslandinggirl

Move over black opium Mon Paris wins hands down,well for me anyway lol

I bought this in Sephora in my hometown Rouen back in July while actually looking to try black opium and had no intention of getting this,yet when I smelt it it was like a chorus of Angels had surrounded with me with a bouquet of peonys and orchids!!

I was drawn to the packaging I just loved the bow, it looks classy and beautiful yet the juice inside the bottle just sung to me, I had to get it,it was quite an impulse buy but boy it paid off!

Since getting the 30 ml bottle I'm just down to the last smidgen I wear this often and now I yearn to get the bigger bottle!....

It is indeed a fruitchouli as a few have said,yet the patchouli I can only smell minimally,although I love patchouli I think that's stronger in Flowerbomb,as the peony and the musk lends itself to the perfume immensely, I adore it how it just envelops me and has a lovely fuzzy feeling.

The sillage has a lovely trail, and the longevity is excellent on my skin( and I have dry skin,so moisturise beforehand) I wear it to work or for an evening out,as it is inoffensive,although I love to really wear this, I just want people to smell how good I am,and indeed it makes me happy wearing it,it is really euphoric....

The top note of pear is definitely there and it lingers on while it blend with those beautiful flowers,I'm a sucker for the florals,it's older sister Paris being another favourite of mine,although it is the rose and mimosa which dominates that one.

If you love that fruit mixed with the florals,together with the musk dry down this makes a lovely twist to the chypre fruity florals that are out there.

It certainly is my modern day signature to Mon Paris of today, anyone of any age could wear this from any age although I hate classing perfumes in age category myself,perfume is personal,whoever wears it how ever popular or unpopular a fragrance may be,I've always stated that perfume has no rules or boundaries!

I dearly hope this never goes to perfume heaven, I feel this has the hallmark of being a cult fragrance and hope we can still talk about this as a masterpiece fragrance from Yves Saint Laurent....
----------------------------

PrissyCurls
PrissyCurls

I really do love this perfume!! Yes it's a fruitchouli but the patchouli is barely detectable and that's one of the reasons why I purchased it. Actually I purchased two bottles. The first spray it tangy and sweet but the drydown is heavenly. I received numerous of compliments while wearing this little fruitchouli :-D.

Longevity is awesome on me 12+

Sillage is very heavy, people can smell you before they see you and believe me they love the smell of it and so do I.

Christina Ivy

@gmstrack I love your review! You have pretty much said everything I wanted to say but haven't said yet. The perfume came out in the last few years is getting worse and worse, and I believe it's important for us to say no and reserve the right to share out honest opinion on perfumes are below our standards. Otherwise, the art of perfume will be non existing.

P.S. One of the reason I hate parties or night clubing, you got tolerate all the crappy perfumes people wear theses days!!!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Tested it today without having read the notes. Expected something way more abstract or powdery.

This is fruity. Multicolored fruity. Ending up like a light fruitchouli. With, I don't know some plastic spice.
Bad, bad, plain bad and so irrelevant with the name, the packaging and the beautiful advertising.

The opening was all about pear for me by the way, not the red fruits. A lot of pear, creating some hopes actually. But, no, nothing happened later.

p.s. Still, while at the YSL bench (...>go to Black Opium Wild)

gmstrack
gmstrack

Mon Paris by YSL (2016) is another pointless release and smells like someone sprayed every perfume in a department store at the same time. Even the likes of a crazy perfume hobbyist might be put off by this one, given its military-grade high-pitched fruity-floral screech. I dare the United States military to reinvest in their fragrance-based weapons research program, in fact, I suggest that they employ this simple algorithm: First, hit everyone with a nasty cocktail of rotting carrion, vomit, and fart—that should take care of the majority of people and only a few perfumistas will be left standing, probably trying to dissect the accords while hemming and hawing over whether the composition should be classified a floral aquatic or chypre. Next, launch Mon Paris to take out the stragglers. Now, if you’ll excuse me, it looks like the DoD is releasing another solicitation; time to start writing. BTW—please contact me if you are left standing after both attacks.

socorrosouza

What is the problem with the hazelnut note? I love it.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

This just does not have enough body too it. I like a perfume with some oommff

Teorema
Teorema

I'm not sure what Yves Saint Laurent is trying to do by sort-of-but-not-quite re-branding classic releases...or is it Saint Laurent now? YSL? I do not know. But there is certainly a food theme going on here. Opium is now a crappy cup of black coffee and Paris is a plate full of sweetened berries with Mon Paris. Just not in a good way. At least its not claiming to be "rock n' roll."

Can't wait to see the new Rive Gauche with its hazelnut note.

dyaver
dyaver

The bottle of this perfume is so beautiful! If I could, I would buy it just for the bottle. When it comes to what's inside the bottle... Well... For the first few minutes I was like WOW! I loved the strawberry, pear and bergamot opening. But the dry down left me with a sweet raspberry floral scent, which was neither original nor intriguing. It's very girly though, I think it could be a good choice for younger women who like sweet fruity floral fragrances.

andabri
andabri

For me, this is if you take the generic quality perfume Victoria's Secret has, pour in some $1 strawberry body wash, then dump that lot over a bland, lower quality version of Miss Dior Cherie.

This is what I smell when I put my nose close to my skin up to about 6 inches away. Then 6 inches, is a nice, vague generic strawberry perfume-ish waft of fragrance, but take my nose any further and I can't smell a thing. Peculiar phenomenon that I've never experienced in a fragrance before.

Not my taste at all.

I have to give it points for longevity though. Couldn't take it anymore after few hours. Tried washing the hand it was on three times. Tried wiping it with alcohol twice. And it was STILL THERE. Didn't do anymore for fear of irritating my skin, but wow, the staying power is really something.

Nebelung
Nebelung

A standard girly perfume in the lines of Poison Girl (Dior)or Coco Mademoiselle (Chanel). It has the same target group (ladies on their late teens-early twenties) and probably the same concept: a classic staple perfume of the house becoming fruity for the young ladies,in this case I think it's Paris that's been transformed but it hasn't kept the prominent rose note.Instead it's all strawberry and patchouli.Well made standard perfume,with good longevity and sillage (both up to 5-6 hours) that also stays on the clothes till the next day.If you're into strawberries,give it a try!

Glamazzin869
Glamazzin869

I love this. Nice and strong. You can definitely smell the berries which I love. Lasting power is great. If you like fruity with a bit of floral that doesn't smell synthetic you'll love this.

chanceuxlilas
chanceuxlilas

Oh no Yves Saint Laurent, what have you done? Mon Paris does not smell luxe at all and does not fit in with the overall brand image. I understand that companies such as Chanel, Estee Lauder, YSL are currently targeting a younger audience but isn't it what Black Opium was doing?? When I first saw the display I seriously thought that I was at Victoria's Secret and not at Nordstrom. My impression was lowered even more as soon as I had smelled the super aggressive raspberry/strawberry duo. If anyone here is having a major berry craving then they should try Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, Armani's Si or at the very least Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy which are all 500% more quality than Mon Paris.

Elreno22
Elreno22

I'm with you, Mermaid. It is sweet but in a good way. The most appealing feature is the depth of notes involved. I only have a sample, but this one is on my wish list. This does not smell run of the mill to me. It has panache and spirit with the fruit and flowers. Could be just the right notes of patchouli to add that depth. I love it.

Mermaid eyes
Mermaid eyes

I love this perfume. Sweet and tangy but not salty. Patchouli is only detectable as a sensual petal that wraps around all the sweetness then unfurls them one by one throughout the day. After the dry down there is a sharp sweet tangy note that sings the whole way for hours and hours with an aquatic undertone that drives men wild. This is like getting caught in the rain with a box of strawberries in an outdoor Parisian market. Very wet, tangy and sensual.
I am a huge fan of aquatic notes but rarely do I find a fragrance that embodies all that I love enough to wear it until now. There is a faint hint of familiarity with VS scents but the aquatic dimension really makes this fragrance stand out as a rare treasure. Feminine but not girly. Wet but not salty. Sweet but not sacarine. This is a secret scent, the kind of secret that you have to get close to the nape of my neck , so that I can whisper to you all that I know, and you will find the urge to rest there a little longer, drifting off into a pool of berries.

Christina Ivy

Did they just melted some cheap fruity candy in a heavy clumsy bottle? Of course, kids love candy and it's always easy money to make

BettyNoir

Awful. Very generic. We've seen this before a million times with different names. Fruity floral with loads of vanilla and candy in. Nothing like the fabulous original. Please don't buy this as a gift for anyone who likes the original Paris- it is so, so different.

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

Paper test: I must have this scent!

1st Skin Test: What was I thinking?! Fruity with a screeching white floral. It's the exact same floral in LVEB and Olympea. Uncomfortable after a few minutes, but I stuck with it.

2nd Skin Test: Ok, much better. Less floral and more fruity - now the strawberry really comes out. The white floral is still there but not bothering me so much. A nice white musk grounds everything. Strikingly similar to a lot of VS scents: young, fresh, vibrant, flirty, and feminine.

mylene_stl
mylene_stl

I like it, that's pretty much it. Smells a little bit too rasberry-ish, kind of fake rasberry. It's very girly. On me, it smells like a teenage perfume.

JacquieDS

Tried a sample spritz yesterday, initially I thought Not for me, but after 30 minutes and long after, I just feel beautiful....its a sweet, sensuous scent for me.
Wishlist No. 1 to get!

piahellgren
piahellgren

So, ok, maybe YSL should have done something more original, more mature and so on and so forth. But here we are and they did this. And it is not bad at all, maybe even quite good. It definitely needs longer time on the skin to develop its full potential and merely a sniff from a blotter won´t tell you all of it. The opening fruit salad is high quality and I smell a lot of the pear and the strawberry. They could have increased the bergamot or added some grapefruit to amp up the little bit of tartness that it does have. Because that tartness is good, it´s interesting and bright. The heart is just traditionally floral and pretty and I don´t have any knowledge about datura flower, but I smell a modern peony in there and a SLIGHT orange blossom. If there is any jasmin it is very, very mild- or it´s just blended really well and I don´t mind that at all. The patchouli is also not strong and never gets strong while I find Mon Paris cleanly musky. I do smell the quite common use of ambroxan here (I am very aware of it since trying out all the Escentric Molecules scents) and had they amped THAT up to together with some tartness I would have adored this scent. But it´s good enough the way it is and it´s still on my skin after five hours and going strong. I MAY get it... I sometimes wonder if it´s tricky to get more tartness in very sweet perfumes because I am missing the same thing in, for example, Nina Ricci´s LÉxtase. Anyway, Mon Paris is more than adequate.

zzzstargazer
zzzstargazer

Received a sample of this, and there is something about it that reminds me of cotton candy. Like a sophisticated cotton candy scent. I have been trying to find one that isn't too young or in most cases, gross.
When I traveled to Paris during "la fete," I had their barb a papa (cotton candy in French.) It was delicious! This fragrance brings back fond memories of Mon Paris.

scain54
scain54

This reminds me of strawberry scented magic markers.

Zleepyzoe
Zleepyzoe

I had actually checked the notes of this perfume before trying it and I was expecting to really dislike it since I'm neither a huge fan of red berries nor patchouli - which I usually really dislike.
However, a couple of hours ago I tried it on and at first it was a little overwhelming but as soon as it begun to settle it just developed into such a beautiful scent. I can't believe all the negativity going on about it!! Yes, it's quite youthful and flirty but far from immature and generic in my eyes; it does have depth and elegance to it and doesn't smell cheap like a body splash from VS, as I saw that someone commented.
I've always kind of liked Giorgio Armani's Sí but found it too... harsh? I don't know, there has always been something keeping me from buying it. This one is quite similar but more easy-going and wearable and of course, youthful.
I LOVE IT and will purchase a full size bottle of it as soon as I can get my hands on it!

Edit: I can't tell how the longetivity is yet but the sillage is incredible! I used a tiny spritz on my wrist and have felt the scent almost constantly while just walking around, it is lovely. My boyfriend also likes it very much, so much that he started talking about whether he should've bought this for my birthday instead of V&R's Bonbon (which he is really fond of as well) haha.

RaeGoLightly
RaeGoLightly

I am testing this now, on my shoulder. And Viva La Juicy Rose on the other. The later I will pass as the latter mimics The One Rose (good to know if if I can't find) and will test those independent.

After 30 min, I am getting strong floral with the musk fighting to come through. Berry smell trying too. I don't think I'd buy the as I am loving what my Black Opium sample gives me and I love that "buttery warmth". I don't think I'm going to get that with this. Don't get me wrong, I like it but the sharpness comparpared to the warmth is not what I'm looking for. I did put BO on my forearm with this scent and lov the blend I get from both.

If the dry down of this changes and the combo of the silage of these two give the soft strawberry warmth, I may change my mind. I don't necessary always layer scents straight on top of each other, but I do like closely located areas on my skin wher both become team players. If that makes sense. I have created unique combos this way, and get to indulge. As my collection grows, I struggle with which choice so this is a compromise. It also enables me to enjoy florals which are away from my nose and therefore neck but still get that wiff. At a distance. Strong florals are just too much for me.

xellast
xellast

I got a sample of it today. The first spray smells similar to the berries in Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy, but dries down to a mix of that and La Vie Est Belle. Since it's not unique and I prefer the originals over this mish-mash, I wont be purchasing it. The bottle is pretty though.

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

Seriously over-sweet strawberries. I didn't mind at first, but after an hour it's just too much.

leauExquise
leauExquise

Opening reads as Miss Dior Cherie circa 2005 before the reformulation. I had not read any reviews before testing and was surprised by the strawberry bomb that was uncorked from such an elegant bottle. The first spray is certainly sweet and fruity, which made me feel young again even though I am quite far removed from it. The silage does not travel far, so it can be your secret strawberry escape and no one will have to know. Drydown is more sophisticated, but falls in the safe range of fragrances that smell nice and don't push the envelope. Wish it was just a little bit more unique.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Wow, this took me back to the 90's as a kid - I had a kaboodle full of kid's makeup & nail polish, and I had a 2$ rollerball of a scent that smelled exactly like this! No hate on YSL. I was a big fan of Parisienne which is only slightly less ridiculous/kitschy than this Mon Paris!

This is the most shrill Berry/Patch combo I've come across in a long time - I can see the comparisons drawn from Armani Si (With no booze) & early Miss Dior Cherie (but with no complexity), with that hint of 5$ Victoria's secret body splash - but there IS a certain nostalgic character here. It feels dated, there is no "sugar crunch", oud, peach-overload, or metric tonne of white flowers as most new releases have given us... just a flat punch in the face of pure berry juice, 90's dance recital backstage hairspray touchups, Bonnebell lipgloss, and a hint of velvet dipped in gasoline.

Not something I would wear - but I do appreciate the unapologetic turn YSL took with their new releases! I can picture myself walking through a Macy's fragrance section and it will just reek of this. It won't be horrible!

bestpbx
bestpbx

Brings back memories...
of Fruit Stripe Gum, Nehi strawberry, and toast with jelly at my grandmothers house.
In other words... a VERY sweet, and VERY fruity fragrance. Unless you want to smell like something an 8 hear old wants to have in their snack pack... avoid this.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Beautiful bottle. Though it was a little strong for me. I got more of a sweet patchouli guava scent. Reminds me of a more youthful version of Si by Giorgio Armani. I like it but maybe to have it as a sample I can use every now and then. I think it is a little overpriced but the bottle design with the bow is gorgeous.

slangevin
slangevin

Smell juste like "I love juicy couture" or "Beleive" Britney Spears.

Whit
Whit

Holy fruit-chouli Batman! Yes, this is a fruity-patch scent, so if you're not a fan of that genre, you may not like Mon Paris.

The fruity notes in the opening are face slappers; it's all strawberry and raspberry. I don't get much of the floral notes on my skin. The patchouli sticks out like a sore thumb though, which is actually ok with me. Mon Paris isn't a serious scent; I think it's more playful and flirtatious. And it's probably not going to be a classic either, as the note combo has been done many other times. But, it's still a lovely scent, at least on my skin. It makes me feel sparkly and effervescent, and trust me, I'm not a sparkly kind of person. Pretty but not groundbreaking. Did I like it enough to buy it? Well duh, I love perfume!

tabitha106

This is my updated review on YSL's Mon Paris and my best advice is to try it...then try it again! On my latest encounter with this luscious scent, I was drawn in by the creamy floral center with the berries bursting through to keep the fragrance fresh. On my skin the berries remain from the first spray through the middle, blending well with the floral notes. White flowers are always my favorite and love jasmine and peony but not familiar with Datura. I believe this new floral note gives a richness and tropical feel to the center. Something about this floral blend reminds me of Love in White by Creed but with berries! Finally I have to say the soft white musk is what drew me in...love it on the dry down. YSL's Mon Paris reminds me of a feeling of romance after a light rain shower strolling with my guy through a lush garden and sipping a fine French chardonnay, ha! Sexy, fresh & alluring--think I'm going to stay here for awhile.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I am testing this right now, and if I take a step back from thinking about how it is all wrong for my skin chemistry, I realize that it seems like it would be such a likable fragrance for many women, so I am confused in a way by the number of "dislike" votes. It is luminous, bright, fruity, sweetly floral, and sharp. Sillage is huge for me on this one. It is so similar in style to so many other mainstream successful women's fragrances I have smelled, that I am having trouble thinking of reasons why it wouldn't sell well, other than maybe people were expecting something different, or groundbreaking?

That being said, I am learning over and over again just how uncooperative my chemistry is with chypre-fruity fragrances in general...and jasmine...and datura. I was excited to test Mon Paris because strawberry, raspberry, and patchouli sound like a dream to me. My favorite note is patchouli, and I like it to be noticeable, but in Mon Paris, I can't even recognize patchouli! The jasmine and datura are so sharp on me, running rampant on my skin, mostly drowning out the fruity notes (and everything else) that sadly Mon Paris is instant headache-in-a-bottle for my skin chemistry and my nose.

Such a pretty bottle though!

There need to be fragrances for every taste, and Mon Paris represents the trend of sweeter scent, yet it isnt just that, it is built on a chypre base, and the heart of this perfume is actuallly grown up , with some florals mixing in with some lighter fruity notes..I love it!not everyone likes the vintage monsters..I dont..
so yes YSL did capture what lots of women want in 2016..and vintage perfumes are still around for those who prefer them..bashing all the new scents isnt really helpful in my opinion.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Sweet generic perfume in line with the current trend for sweet perfumes. When will this sweet trend end?!

Berta15

This is a patchouli BOMB with red fruits.Very grown up scent,very feminine,sexy.This is not a girly "I love pink" scent.This is earthy and sultry fruity fantasy.In this is everything what you don´t like in other pefumes.There is the patchouli,florals and fruits in the perfect combination.Just adorable and enchanting.If you want to start wear a mature scent than start with this.The opening is yes sweet and pinkish but than when this fade away is just more than a girly perfume.The longevity is absolutely perfeeect,and the sillage too.And the cherry on top of the cake is the bottle.How parisienne,how feminine.I have a lot of blouse with this black bow and when I wear it I wear only this perfume.I feel that I´m in focus and irresistible.This perfume will be forever in my heart.ALWAYS.......

angiec777
angiec777

Seems like YSL is starting to jump on the gourmand bandwagon. Not a bad idea really but they're all starting to blend together. This is similar to Black Opium but more musky where BO (unfortunate initials lol) is more buttery. All in all I think it's a good scent but maybe more for the younger crowd. In other words, kids who couldn't afford YSL if they wanted to. Oh well.

IrisLily
IrisLily

I tested this today. I agree with the reviewer who said it smells like fruit-roll ups. I have been trying to place the scent every since I tried it. It is still going strong after I applied it several hours ago. I am not a fan of strawberry/raspberry (certain red scents) which I smell heavily, so it is not for me. But it will probably make a lot of people swoon, and lasting power is great.

janeofdoe
janeofdoe

Yes...This smells great :)

Grown up strawberry fruit roll ups. Or....a mix of all the fruity/floral victory secret perfumes WHILE eating a strawberry fruit roll up. I've never had a strawberry perfume before so I will probably buy this. It's innocent, fun, and In my opinion, non offensive...but it's definitely noticeable. The price is noticeable also....I think I'll wait until the price goes down in a year or so. Definitely nice! Don't think I'm down playing this because I said fruit roll ups....I LOVEEEEE FRUIT ROLL UPS!!!

Edit: this is really lasting!!!!! I am so super impressed with the longevity! This is definitely worth a spot on your shelf because it's actually a fruity fun scent that doesn't vanish!!!! It's not "changing" into anything weird, either!

jovejove
jovejove

The connection to black opium comes from the patchouli and jasmine

cpharr13
cpharr13

It's about time! When dior released miss dior and chanel released coco mademoiselle... my olfactory senses where in scent heaven. YSL is having its moment right now on my skin...HURRAY for this strawberry patchouli scent... I have a new signature scent. I'm like goldilocks right now. Dior was too hot chanel too cold. YSL... you're just right!

OlfactoryLover
OlfactoryLover

So the concept of this fragrance is about a crazy and addictive love that turns your world upside down. This is why the advert and posters are showing Paris upside down. The Datura flower is a hallucinogenic which reflect the concept of a crazy love.

On first application you can smell red fruits with an unusual floral scent (Datura) in the background which I have found can be off putting for some people until the dry down. Give this fragrance time to kick in and enjoy the ride! And if it isn't love then just get rid. Relationships are fun! ;)

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

There is a lot of hate for this fragrance, and I'm not sure why. It's really charming. I didn't expect to love it, but I do---very much so! I think the bottle is adorable and I find the fragrance quite likable as well.
This opens in a candy-lipstick cloud on me (raspberry, I get so much wonderful raspberry from this!) and it stays bright and *pink* for about 45 minutes before it starts it's drydown into smoky patchouli, amber, and fruit. The peony shows up in the middle but isn't sharp or harsh, just a nice soft sweet pink floral breeze. This is a scent with a fun opening and a sexy drydown, and I find myself reaching for it a few times a week. It lasts a good 6-7 hours on me with reasonable sillage (which is unusual for me, I don't normally catch my own scent trail when walking back into my office, but today I did!)
Worth 100ml bottle, for sure. A+
(Crossposted)

Ellisbijl
Ellisbijl

What a sweetie! I wouldn't wear it because in my opinion this is too sweet for me. It wouldn't suit me, that's a shame because I love the bottle and the personality of this concept. It lasts incredibly long, even after a shower I could still get a hint of the sweetness.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Fruitbomb. Silage high, longevity moderate.

kellirae
kellirae

I absolutely adore this scent. I waited as soon as I saw the ad and went and took a whiff. It was love at first sniff. Oh I am so happy. I am a gourmand and sweet and powdery scent lover. This one does not let me down.
I smell Black Opium a bit in it. I don't know if anybody else has noticed that ? It lasts hours on me and I get many compliments. This goes great with my collection.
I am so happy to have found you Mon Paris ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Fluffyandpuffy
Fluffyandpuffy

I smell sweet berries, not so much floral, with the right amount of patchouli as to be not too overbearing like so many out there. Doesn't knock my socks off but it's very pleasant and light enough for summer time into fall. Will use up my samples and maybe scope out auction sites for a deal.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

Just received a sample of this and...yeah, no. I could smell it without it being sprayed so it is potent, but the scent that was emanating was not catching my interest. Honestly, when I sprayed it on a cotton pad just to test the first spray effect it smelled like straight up nail polish remover and made my nose curl up quickly. I gave it another sniff and I got some kind of mixture of La Nuit Tresor (minus the pralines), Flowerbomb, Jimmy Choo, Angel and Coco Mademoiselle (my nose is hypersensitive to patchouli so I suppose that's why those scents immediately came to mind). This has definitely been done before and I was not a fan of the scents that came before it, although I can honestly say that I admire Coco Mademoiselle and the classiness it exudes. This just feels like a rehash of everything that has come before it. Where are the original thinkers in perfumery these days?

tneequeenie
tneequeenie

This was an instant scent memory from teen years(way back when) It took me awhile to narrow it down, but then eureka... Bonne Bell Strawberry roll-on lip gloss! Anyone remember? It is sweet, berrylicious. I rather like it, but I would never purchase a full bottle for myself. It smells very youthful and I prefer more mature scents( remember, I said teen years WAY back) Silage moderate, longevity fair.

celebrity89
celebrity89

To me this is a blend of Flowerbomb and Jimmy Choo, or even one of the newer Avon Imari incantations. Kind of disappointed and bored that nothing really innovative is being produced lately, especially from reputable houses.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This is nice. Not really very distinctive but very pleasant. Its floral with chypre overtones. I am not a fan of chypre but this one is has just a hint of it, on the top of the florals. Florals is a bit more distinctive than your average fragrance. I think I like it because it has peony which has special place in my heart and patchouli gives it a heavier feel.
Lasting power sadly was not great. I sprayed it on myself several times and could barely smell it.
Maybe its my chemistry

dannysmom
dannysmom

Done before- agreed.. Similar to others- agreed... However, does it smell good? YES! I wish people luck trying to find a mainstream perfume that doesn't smell similar to something else.

If you want something completely different, perhaps try niche fragrances? These fruitchoulis are big sellers, and companies are cashing in on this knowledge. People buy them because they smell good!! Who cares if it's done before? If it smells nice; and the bottle is pretty, people are going to buy.. I don't honestly care how many fragrances someone owns.. I own many.. I still purchase if a perfume smells fantastic to me, and this one meets that criteria. I've found myself reaching for this sample in the past couple of weeks more than any perfume I currently own. It reminds me of Armani Si, but more wearable. Berries, patchouli, etc.. Smells good... Yes for me, and I did just purchase it.

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

This perfume is enchanting. On my skin it resembles quite a lot La Petite Robe Noir EDP by Guerlain and a little bit - Parisienne by YSL. I cannot see anything in common with Juicy Couture, at least it is not as strong and offensive as the Juicy Couture's creations. Neither I see how someone finds similarity with Tresor La Nuit. But again - it is chemistry between the perfume and our skin so for everyone the result could vary. Mon Paris may not be so unique but is certainly a good balance of perfume notes that everyone loves.

tabitha106

I sampled this YSL Mon Paris at Nordstrom's today, and by the time I arrived home I had correctly identified five of the notes! For me it is reminiscent of one of the Juicy Couture scents and also the new Tresor La Nuit from Lancôme. The strawberry notes are very prominent at first spray and very sweet on my skin--almost smells like a touch of lychee. The floral notes here are not as prevalent as the berries, and the rich amber base adds a layer of depth. The musk and amber really do save Mon Paris from being simply another sweet scent. Nice balance here, but for me it just smells like another gourmand scent like so many others that are popular right now. Recently, I've been moving away from scents with heavy patchouli. It is noticeable in the Mon Paris but not too heavy--but still there. Patchouli really needs to be done softly or it just takes over the scent. Overall, this is a nice fragrance that could be a sexy evening out or a special vacation scent. Go light if wearing during day. Nice, but think I'll keep searching and sniffing for a new signature scent.

snel hest
snel hest

I don't get the Miss Dior Chérie comparison at all.

However this is a very very sweet fruitchouli scent. I've smelled this before, and I believe most of us have. It's super generic, super sweet, nothing special at all really. It smells like the perfume counter, if you know what I mean.

Utterly forgettable. And SO sweet!

CLeeK
CLeeK

On me, this is very reminiscent of the 90's sex bomb Gucci Rush. But it is much softer, not as IN YO FACE! I've only tested once, and very, very lightly (not sure I got enough on me, truthfully!) - and it's very soft and unobtrusive. Fruity, sweet and musky. Lush. Don't hate it, but not in love. If you loved Rush, you might like this.
The bottle, with the ribbon around the neck, reminds me of that 80's power woman outfit -- you know, a lot of fight attendants sported it, and still do -- the buttoned up blouse with the big shoulder pads and knotted scarf! The bottle doesn't match the juice, IMHO. But who am I to judge? It's pretty - enjoy!

Loulou0210
Loulou0210

I bought this today after smelling it last week. I wasn't overly keen in store. Got home and 2days later remembered my paper tester. And wow I fell in love! I can't understand the negative reviews. Here in the UK if you buy the 69ml in the fragrance store you receive a 7.5ml bottle ( same bottle/box ) just miniatures! I don't think I'll be needing my 6oml bottle for a little while seeing as I received this free too! Over all a great perfume. Super fruity but with a woody dry down. 9/10 for me!

blake.lee
blake.lee

Well this is a throwback! Smells like all the tart berry fragrances from early 2000's. Smells nothing like the original Miss Dior Cherie. Maybe it smells like the reformulated Miss Dior Cherie from 2011, but it certainly does not smell like the original from 2005. This fragrance is much more tart and the berries are heavier. If you miss fragrances like Versus Versace Time for Pleasure you'll like this one. It really does just smell like a revival of all the berry/rhubarb combos so popular with young girls 15 years ago. Boring, generic, tart fruity, immature, it's been done and done.

Edited to add, my four year old loves to wear perfume. His favorite he'll sneak and spray on himself before he goes on a play date is Illusions Noires Si Lolita. He found my sample of Mon Paris and sprayed it on his arm. Then he sniffed it enthusiastically. A look of intense concern washed over his face and he said, "Oh, please, help me wash it off. This is very stinky. It's terrible! Hurray wash it off me!"

EllenD1991
EllenD1991

Sniffed this beauty today in Boots and wore it for a few hours until it wore off. The longevity isn't that impressive. It reminded me of another scent, completely got deja vu when I sprayed it! Please if someone knows what it is leave a review haha.

Nonetheless it is a beautiful scent - I am not great with recognising notes unless they are very potent and obvious. It feels very fancy and paints a picture of intimate chats over a candle lit dinner and some cocktails in the French capital. I would wear this for a date or for special occasions - I don't feel it would be appropriate for day to day use though.

Sillage is good - People were getting whiffs from a good few metres away!

The bottle is so gorgeous also, would look delightful on a dressing table!

Overall a lovely but probably unoriginal scent, I wouldn't buy it myself but would love it as a present :)

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

I think this is a dead ringer for miss Dior eau Fraiche.

freddinos
freddinos

Surprisingly the peony was very strong for me in Mon Paris.
The first ten minutes were very much in line with Versace's Bright Crystal and that newer Dior Addict Eau Fraiche that smells like the former:very subtly sweet, more tart I would say, fresh invigorating peony and perhaps some berries (no strawberry though), All these tastefully done, without the screechiness of the Bright Crystal that stopped me from liking it.
Towards the drydown the above disappear and a light, minimally sweet, inky (!) patchouli dominates, together with a transparent musk. At this point it smells a bit like the Miss Dior Cherie.
Very charming and modern, and not at all a sugar bomb.
Can see this appealing to a very wide and diverse target group.
Lovely.

lizzyshreds

Boscov's have now update their website. I still think I got the 90ml for $70, my order is in process, and should ship soon.

lizzyshreds

Just to let everyone know in the USA, there is a glitch on Boscov's website saying the 3.0oz is $70 and the 1.0 saying $122 so try, and see if you can really get the 90ml for $70, I ordered two days ago so well will see.

medea_svenspoa
medea_svenspoa

Didn't like it. Too much strawberry (chemical) and too much patchouli. A "scrubber" for me. Miss Dior cherie is 100 times better in comparison.

susanawaddell
susanawaddell

Berries with musk. Fortunately for me the patchouli is in the background. This is a lovely wearable scent for every day. Sweet but not cloying. Sileage is good longevity just average3 to 4 hours which is average on my skin

newjoyyork
newjoyyork

There is something very familiar about this scent that my mom used to wear back in the 90's, can't pinpoint the smell nor the perfume she wore that had it. It's a lovely scent however, I'm tired of all the vanille/floral scents that have been coming out that for some reason either smell like Flowerbomb or a JC Illicit/ juicy couture kinda smell. So - for this to be more fruity and sweet, with a very musky dry down, I really love it. I thought it would smell like Jimmy Choo's exotic that came out (pink grenade bottle), and it's so much more. It does last a very very long time for me (which is rare - I work in the perfume department and any other fragrance would be killed out within 5 minutes from all the other scents clouding the area.) It's a very berry fruit, almost tea rose, mixed with white musk and I'm surprised at the patchouli in this as it doesn't work well typically with my skin. But it does. Good job YSL, please don't discontinue- this is it.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I was a t the mall and stumbled on this. I thought I'd give it a good try and sprayed it on the back of both my hands. BAD IDEA. The same old same old cloyingly sweet fruit-punchy Eau de Mallrat. If I tell you I smelled a dozen scents like this one lately, I'm probably short five or six. I felt so self-conscious going about with this syrupy mess on that I went to the nearest restroom and scrubbed it off. If this perfume were a doll it would be a Barbie.

What do these companies do? Pass the same recipe around and change the name? Shame on them!

Soofiya

Very surprised to see this much dislikes,tested it today and I really liked it
To my nose,mon Paris is a very sweet fruitchouli,straw,patchouli reminds miss dior cherry,there are other fruits and florals blended with dominant strawberrychouli and a noticeable but not heavy musk..OKAY,not unique,but likable,sparkling and playful,sillage and Longevity are more than moderate on me,,young and strong and sweet
I can't afford to buy a bottle right now but I will move it to my wishlist :)

Berta15

I buy it because I was sooo curios,and I agree with Germany in everything.I don´t think this is ideal for summer because the dry down is very heavy.The opening is very charming,girly-flirty sweet fruity perfume but the dry down has a lot of patchouli and musk.I don´t think is bad inversely is very good the patchouli give a mature feeling to it and the fruits makes it playful.
I think this is a mix between Si EDT,Miss Dior Chérie and Coco Mademoiselle.For me is very lovely,charming fragrance for any ages.The longevity is veeery good which I love.And the bottle is very very pretty with the bow on the neck and with the light pink juice.I realy like it,and I recommend to try it.

HillTop
HillTop

It was the bottle that made me curious, such a beautiful piece. The fragrance itself is very sweet at the beginning and opens with a huge bunch of roses, patchouli and pear. So for me it's a grown scent and very intensive but it gets softer after an hour and less sweet. When the patchouli fades you start realizing the flowers, a very modest note of yasmine and lovely orange. Nice scent actually but not outstanding. Reminds me of Tresor La Nuit which opens same way.

Martina22
Martina22

Could only say that it lacks YSL charisma. It's as sweet as any other ordinary scent, nothing attracting, not a memorable one. If someone wearing this passes through me, I'll never turn back. A boring scent, like Dior Poison Girl - nothing Dior'ish.

polkadot27
polkadot27

I recently received a free sample of this and have tried it today. I have to say it really isn't that great, but if you love strawberry, you will love this. I usually hate strawberry notes in perfumes because I find they smell synthetic like strawberry yoghurt or strawberry candles, but this smells like real strawberry, I detect woody notes, I am not sure which one but the base smells slightly similar to Estee Lauder sensuous which is predominantly woodsy notes. But this is not really a dupe or copy to sensuous the faint background base of this simply smells like sensuous, it is dominated by the strawberry. I cannot detect the patcoulie individually in this, I think it is subtle and well blended with the strawberry to emphasize and empower the strawberry note- the 2 seem very well blended. So this is safe for those among us who hate and fear patchoulie. To me this fragrance is nice, sweet fruity floral, it is safe and forgettable and I hate to say it because I love YSL but it is a little generic. I couldn't really pick this out of a line up of other fragrances. Well maybe I could if I sniffed hard due to the faint dry down base smelling similar to Estee Lauder sensuous but even that would be a struggle.

Bottle= 5/10
scent=4.5/10
Longevity= 5/10- average
Projection=4/10 it is a skin scent

Germany

I got Mon Paris today , and I am happy to say that I really like it and I am very surprised to see how many people don't. I am not a huge fan of chypre fragrances , with a few exceptions. If they are sweet and creamy with fruit added I can be talked into them.
This is very much like Miss Dior Cherie and Armani Si EDT. In fact it shares 8 of the same notes with Armani Si and 6 of the same notes with Dior Cherie. Both of those fragrances are very liked so I am surprised that so far Mon Paris is not as it is very similar , same vibe for sure. Mon Paris is more fruity and musky ,almost a touch sour, slightly fermented. ,,,, it's an explosion of fruit and berries in particular. I smell strawberries right of the start which I love. It's like a fruit punch ! The middle is more floral , the datura flower is intoxicating and sweet. The other flowers are not on my top list of flowers but that happens in most perfumes to me. Jasmine and peony could be l left out if i had a say in it ;). But maybe it helps to make a perfume smell a certain way , what do I know ,,, the orange blossom is lovely though and the end is beautiful with all the patchouli and musks and ambroxan , a nice warm base ,
Husband and sons like it. They find it rather fresh and floral not sweet. They also said it is feminine and girly ! That's all I got so far.
To sum it up , it's a sweet fruit patchouli scent. And should be quite popular asides from fragrantica. It's young , has a classy vibe , it's sweet and fruity and fresh also tart and a little sour , it's what most younger girls are looking for. At least that's what I think.
Love the bottle ! ,,,Boudoir , girly , feminine and childlike , but has class and taste , not cheap.

Update
Really loving the drydown of this. It gets musky and less fruity in the drydown. Really quite nice ! I smell a lot of musk and amberette

Kione
Kione

This is to YSL Paris, what Poison Girl is to Dior's Poison.
Your usual current fruitchuli concoction.
If you like it, great. But I am disappointed that they have called it Paris as if it had any resemblance to the original and its flankers, which it doesn't.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Pretty. Sweet. Smells like strawberry candy floss. This is not a complex or sophisticated fragrance on my skin but I don't think I'm the target market (I'm too old). Ideal for a much much younger woman (teen/twenties) who likes sweet perfumes though.

The bottle is lovely as is the packaging.

Mon Paris definitely has fruity top notes, sweet, but also tart, with a chypre undertone throughout..I don't find it smells anything like Black Opium, nor does it remind me too much of miss Dior Cherie...it has some punch, like it snt shy, and it isn't youngish either, it is like a grown up scent in a way...it reminds me of a lot of perfumes out there, la nuit Tresor , Armani Si, Jimmy Choo Oriens, so Mon Paris is very faithful to the popular trend of gourmands with a chypre vibe, it is a crowd pleaser, but it isn't simplistic...it gets softer rather fast, and the base is a warm fruity scent....it definitely has its own personality!! Longevity is real good .
I feel the chypre undertone keeps it from becoming too sweet.
I like it, it is interesting !!
My husband just told me it smells like a tropical paradise!! he likes it a lot!!

sugahuni

A lovely,floral,musky fragrance.Resembles nicki minaj pink Friday deluxe edition strongly,both r beautiful.❤

Irisaddict
Irisaddict

I wasn't intending to review this perfume but I was sent a sample so thought I would give it a try in the hope it might have some positive nuances taken from the original YSL Paris which I loved in the 90's...However unfortunately this was not the case :(

For me this is just too sweet, headache inducingly so and rather acidic in a way that catches at the back of my throat. It reminds me and I see some other reviewers of (a less appealing) Miss Dior Cherie, which although sweet and sparkly I think has greater depth, or maybe a fruity, summery Escada perfume release. I definitely get the pear and tart strawberry notes, but so far it's the strangely aquatic pear that is dominating on my skin combined with something akin to soapy candyfloss and cough sweets. I can see this would most likely work better for teenage girls or young women as a fairly generic fruity, sweet scent but personally I wouldn't like to be standing next to someone who wore this regularly & basically there are better options out there if that's your kind of thing. For me YSL perfumes seem to have been hit and miss over recent years, somehow lacking in the confidence & direction they once had in the 70's, 80's & 90's, which is a real shame when they have created such great classics over the years. I'm going to purchase a bottle of the original Paris again to satisfy my nostalgia and hope any reformulations have not altered it too much along the way..

singlebilingual
singlebilingual

Despite all the bad reviews I find this quite an attractive perfume. I got it a few days ago, it was purely an impulse-buy which doesn't happen much to me. I chose it from a lot of other summer options and I don't regret my choice. The sweet berries' scent is quite overwhelming, not in a bad way, with a shade of patchouli notes.
It has nothing in common with LVEB (vanilla-dominated) or Black Opium (coffie/vanilla), the sweetness is of a totally different sort here, it's really all about strawberry and raspberry. Neither reminds it of Flowerbomb, in my opinion. But of course if you are not a fan of sweet stuff then you would take it as 'just another sweet analogue of [fill in]'
For me, it's a perfect summer fragrance, it's not groundbreaking, but it's not a pale copycat either. If you like sweet fruity fragrances, then just put on a short summer dress, heels, Mon Paris and enjoy the summer sun!

The bottle is also beautifully designed, YSL at its best.

UPD: It's really fantastic in winter!! Longevity is also pretty good on a cold winter day. It's really more a winter scent, on a hot summer day it's suffocating, but in winter it's just a delicate sweet berry smell that makes a grey cold rainy day much brighter!

The longevity is a bit weak though, I have to spray it approximately three times per day.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Firstly, a nice job with the packaging, and a great job with the bottle design itself, nicely put together, beautifully feminine, and good quality. The fragrance itself, it's fair to say that everything YSL produces seems to be savaged on this site. I'll admit that the continuous run of flankers have become nauseating and show a desperation, but Mon Paris has quite a lot going for it, the opening spritz is perfect for Summer, light fruity, somehow fresh, and the lift of patchouli through it is very pleasant. So it's not exactly ground breaking, but it has a definite charm. This time YSL please let's not have an extreme, a nuit, an intense....... let's leave it at the one!

salix

Tresor La Nuit Lancome
Oriens VC&Arpels
Flowerbomb V&R.
.............................................................
So beautiful name, so beautiful bottle and so generic, borring parfume.
Yes, it's nice, pretty but the same, like any others pretty, rosy, girly, patchouli, jasmin, candy musky, fruity parfumery hits...

LisaMari
LisaMari

The patchouli is so strong in this that it drowns out all the other notes, the only other note I could detect was a vague, faint strawberry. This is quite masculine and reminds me a lot of Classique Intense. It smells the same on clothes and skin.

so here it is the new perfume by YSL:mon paris, I like the name and the bottle looks chic, I almost thought it's a new edition of parisienne and the first sniff almost admit my suppose. a strong splash of raspberry. I think it's the new trend; nowadays I smell lots of raspberry here and there, not that it bothers me,just mentioning.
then right after some minutes; it smells very familiar.what is it? MISS DIOR CHERRIE,I mean the original 2005 version! this is almost exactly the same perfume;strawberry,raspberry and patchouli. I even thought I smelt popcorn on it as it seemed somehow sultry.
I've been looking for my beloved,discontinued miss dior cherrie for a long time and I'm happy that mon paris is here now!

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

Facts: originality of the scent 3/10, aesthetic&bottle 2/10. Since at Sephora's they're so eager to introduce you the new products, I tested Mon Paris more than once, and I think that all in all this perfume is mediocre but not hateful. It's easygoing and unpretentious...a moderate scent. Looking at YSL production of the past decade, I would say that the only outstanding creations for women are Manifesto L'Éclat - a lovely green vanilla - and Parisienne for the vinyl note. I'm not into Opium, but I must admit that also Belle d'Opium had a character. Mon Paris is not bad but rather forgettable. And by the way, with a different name maybe opinions would be more favorable - the name Mon Paris recalls the rose masterpiece Paris and the good old days and everything, and I understand that this might ill-dispose certain people.

shopgirl
shopgirl

Like other reviewers have spotted this is very similar to Miss Dior Cherie. Yes it's nice but not original, in saying that it is sweet light pleasant and inoffensive. The sweet red berry fruit notes are somewhat reminiscent of the summer edition Escada perfumes like Sexy Graffiti for example.

Update: just tested this on the skin and it's a whole different ball game. So sweet and sickly, and acid-like it has now crossed over to unpleasant - in fact excuse me whilst I wash this stuff off right now!!

Shwets

Just to add apart from being dreadful, it really has disappointed me as a YSL frag. It doesn't live up to the quality and originality of the other YSL perfumes.

BettyNoir

This is dreadful. It's totally unoriginal and is just another very generic, overly sweet pink fruity floral. It's so sweet it smells sticky. It's nothing like the wonderful Paris!

Shwets

Reminds me of black opium and flower bomb.
Not keen on this one...

auroramaria

I enjoy very much wearing Mon Paris and I agrre with reviewers below it does remind me of Miss Dior Cherie which is not a bad thing but it makes Mon Paris lacking in originality

Miss-Fragrance62

Wouah exactement comme dans certains commentaires il ressemble énormément à Miss Dior Chérie et je suis trop contente moi qui adorait ce parfum avant sa reformulation au niveau de l'odeur j'ai enfin retrouvé un parfum qui lui ressemble et donc il fait partit de mes prochains achats :D

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Miss Dior Chérie is back. Its new name is "Mon Paris" !!!

MysticRose
MysticRose

Smells like Black Opium to me but a more tame and "feminine" version, the abundant coffee note in Black Opium is somewhat watered down here. Meh, nothing to write home about if I'm honest.

OMG... I'm reading some of the 'reviews' below and I have to say it... Why YSL can't release a fruity perfume for young crowd? Is it forbidden or something? Does YSL force young ladies to buy their perfumes? No. So please, people, don't spill your frustrations on a scent that is even not widely available at the moment.
If the truth to be said, I really disliked all of that 80's perfume powerhouse that some people believe to be the only 'truly' perfumes. Snobbery really can be stupid. I mean that most of 'old' perfumes were really a challenge to the nose. Today scents are a lot easier to like, easier to love. I think that is why big houses produce them like they do. Perfumes must meet the demand. Is it so hard to understand?

socorrosouza

I agree with LaDameDeNoir there weren't many flankers, in fact in the thirties I don't remember any whatsoever. But that doesn't mean the new perfumes were a departure from existing ones, the House Patou , the most expensive and celebrated at that time (if you see some 30s sophisticated rom coms you'll probably get some references to Patou, it was the ultimate in sofistication, at that time) had some scents that were twins to others with different names. In the late 70s/80s my search for a a sweet scent drew a blank, I went to perfume shops in France and didn't find any, only spiced, greens, aldehydic and musky (think civet). I think now you can find more diversity in perfumes than any other period, from vintage-like (Truth or Dare, Otomane, true vintage) to flowery powerhouses (Poeme, Giorgio, Narcisse,Classique) although very reformulated, soft flowery (Narciso, Pleasures) , fruitchouli and gourmands, to somewhere in between.And this is a good thing.

@Socorrosouza:

The difference is, that in the periods you mentioned, the perfume houses usually took several years in releasing a new fragance, and the thing that we call flankers, was very rare: very few perfumes had it. Today, almost all the perfume houses release two or even three new perfumes every season and almost the half of then are flankers. And almost all perfumes have one, or two, or even more flankers. Why? Because is cheaper and quickier to release a fragance already based in other (both in smell and concept) than release an entirely new one. Personally speaking, flankers make me to think about the second or third parts parts of some blockbuster movies. Some of them are very good, but most are unnecesary and predictable, and they reveal a lack of originality.

To la dame de Noir
It goes with perfumes like it goes with clothing styles and/ or hairstyles!! In the seventies women wore their hair a certain way, was great back then, not necessarily what women appreciate today!?
The trend is very much to gourmand scents and to fruitchoulis, it sells, and by the way, nobody is EVER forced to buy a perfume they dont feel is worthy!?
YSL understands where women tastes stand in 2016, and they create scents accordingly...
Lovers of the old classics have their preferences. and people who have more trendy modern tastes too..judging by the number of great cult classics YSL has in their repertoire, I doubt that a few more modern and fun spirited scents will tarnish their reputation!!
Is it about money ? Well nowadays everything is about money ..
French perfumers just have the art of creating perfumes figured out..and they go with the modern trends sometimes...and I see absolutely nothing wrong wth it..
I do understand though your nostalgia for those past eras, they had something quite magical about them.

auroramaria

Mon Paris is the kind of perfume that needs to be worn on skin before judgng, in fact on paper it smells like your usual fruitchouly whereas on skin it has some development and to be honest I find it a rather good scent.True it's not unique but it is still beautiful.It remains quite sweet all the way through and the florals and patchouly are a bit tame but it has a nice sparkling feeling to it that keeps it from becoming cloying.
I wore it this morning and two people commented on how good I smelled.It's very intense on me with great sillage and longevity.
I guess we can expect that Mon Paris will be treated to a fair number of flankers so despite all I think it is here to stay

socorrosouza

LeDameNoir, perfume houses always did that: on the 30s it was all about civets and aldehydes, all of them, all at once.I had an elderly neighbor that had an enormous amount of vintage scents from the most varied houses, and in the 30s they were very much alike ( of course there were exceptions like Tabu, Shocking, and a few others). Shalimar started as a very-much-alike Emeraude but ended being more famous than its "inspiration".Chanel 5 was different because it was the first to use aldehydes. You just don't realize that because perfumes from that era disappeared or were chemically altered by reformulations or the vagaries of time. And so on so on, the 80s and 90s were characterized by floral powerhouses,the 70s there was the spicey scents,now there are the fruitchoulis and the gourmands.Our daughters and sons will like different scents and will hate all things gourmand and fruitchuli, that is the way it is. Judge the scent by your taste and how it feels on your skin, but, again there are no absolutes, what is hateful to you is a masterpiece to someone else.
And no one forces anyone else to buy perfumes, to each his/her own.
Let the perfumists do their work and vote with your wallet.
And , please, no foreign notes to a scent to represent Paris!!! That is a new one. It is all artificial anyhow, but this marks a very xenophobe attitude in a community that is friendly and all embracing.

@genny17:

Another problem is that YSL has already several younger, fruity scents for milennials -so called- (Parisienne, Black Opium). Chanel has several too (the Chance and Coco Mademoiselle flankers, Chanel nº 5 Premiere and L'Eau), Dior has several too (the entire range of Miss Dior -new- and several of the last Poison flankers). And all they are very similar. In the meanwhile, the classic perfumes which were the actual masterpieces, that created the fame and prestige of the great fashion houses, and that you say you can't wear them (and I understand that, believe me, because many of those perfumes are not for everybody or for being worn in every moment, because they are not items by mass market brands, although many of them seem to be becoming that), have became, in many cases, just soapy water in an expensive bottle. What is the point? No longer to create a beautiful thing that can last through the years and fashions, but I must agree with Sherihan: it is just for the money. All right, perfume houses have the right of making cash, they are not NGOs, but, at less, they could be honest, and make their work properly. And this means to be a bit more original, and to put in the market items which are worth of the -not cheap- prices that they are asking for them, and that are not copies or imitations or wannabees of other perfumes. And this Mon Paris is not worth of the name of YSL or the money they ask for it. And it is similar to dozens and dozens of other perfumes. It is not distinctive. I am pretty sure that very few people will buy it again, and it will finish its days in the discount section, as soon as its target buyers have became tired of it.

genevieves
genevieves

It's Dior Poison Girl all over again. Some people on here really need to get over their fragrance snobbery.

Vodka
Vodka

VS meets YSL. Boring.

It is after all a matter of taste!? Lame for you might smell great for the next reviewer!? Every time a prestigious house releases a younger sweeter scent, it gets harshly criticized!? Yves Saint Laurent has created brilliant masterpieces, and for summer the house is bringing something different, maybe more of a crowd pleaser, and why not? Like Germany said, not everybody relishes on the big classics!! I find most of them unwearable casually...But I will wait till it arrives to my house to review it !!

Germany

I blind bought this and I am very curious , I always go by the house and notes I rarely buy into reviews since people have such different opinions and tastes. If I see a really bad review I look at the persons wardrobe to see what taste they have or how many of what kind of perfumes they own. This tells me a lot ,,, also if I see a positive a review I may check quickly if they have similar taste than me ,,, but mainly I base my blind purchases on notes and house , we will see. I am curious and can't wait to review this one , it seems to be as hated as poison girl ! Seems like people don't like young sweet smells !? I do. I also like some classics , some unisex , some of everything but lately sweet fruity berry scents and gourmands , hope mon Paris will be just that ,,,, great for hot summer nights ! ,,,, or at least I am hoping :)

La DameDeNoir

In my opinion, this fragance so lame and lazily conceived (three perfumists, and they come along with another fruit juice) , could have been called Mon Tokio, or Mon New York, on Mon Madrid and still would be the same. And that is the main problem in my opinion: it is interchangeable with dozens and dozens of current fragances in the market. The other is that this is called a luxury fragance, from a designer brand, but nothing in it justifies the almost 43 € that they ask for the smallest bottle available.

Miss-Fragrance62

Même pas encore sortit et ce parfum est déjà critiqué!!! Personne ne vous oblige à acheter des parfums de luxe si vous n'êtes pas content(e) !

socorrosouza

You could argue that these exotic notes represent yhe cosmopolite side of Paris, where people from different countries (tourists and some imigrants)cohexist, as well as their different spices and cuisines. Bur, really, lt the poor perfumer do his/her job and say what you feel about the scent on YOUR skin. There are not absolutes or science in perfumery. Your awful smell will be someone's cherished scent. Longevity can be poor on someone and great on someone else (CK ONE Shock for her lasts 5 minutes on me, but someone described as a comforting embrace here on Fragrantica). Also roses and violets are from Grasse, but Grasse is not Paris , it is in the south, a much warmer place, formerly from another kingdom (Aquitania/Provence) which also spoke another language. So why Paris should be represented by the Aquitanian flowers?

Sherihan
Sherihan

"Chinese and Sambac jasmine"....."ambroxan and an intense patchouli duo (from Indonesian and Guatemala)"...........
and this suppose to represent Paris the city that was admired by Saint Laurent himself, and called her MY PARIS,,,,
unlike YSL perfume classic (Paris), that one, was really a best representation of that concept, as it contained the only French raw materials: Rose,violet....all from Grass,the French city of perfume.
This bottle is only for money.

socorrosouza

Tell me which supermarket.

meama
meama

It was completely predictable, it's just the worst quality fruity syrup. This is completely in continuity of the worst recent releases, most of the Lancôme, the last Dior and dozens (hundred)of others. Again some shit with a French luxury logo stuck on it. The "luxury" perfume industry makes me more and more thinking about an old sinking ship. "Eat my sugar stupid fatty girl! I've put an Eiffel Tower on it!"
You can easily find better in any supermarket.

beeskiss
beeskiss

Sweet and pleasant but very simple more of a younger girly fragrance than complex classy fragrance to be honest I expected something more sorry YSL but nothing brave, bold or narcotic about it.
Very sweet red berries and a bit of pear at opening and it last for some time later just shy datura orchid and a bit of white flowers after that not much base at all just gentle white musk nothing more not chypre and no patchouli.
Good longevity and heavy at start to moderate sillage three hours later still can smell it on wrist even after hand wash.
It is pretty and girly would suit many but for me it lacks in the base a bit too pretty and predictable.
It is not classy Paris with fine dining at night more of the sunny day bike ride with flowers in the basket and outdoors cafe.
So go for it if you like girly and fruity but if you like complex classy and close to skin fragrance you may not be impressed at all.

One Cool Cat
One Cool Cat

I received my sample today and to me it's a very weak version of Giorgio Armani Si possibly because both have Patchouli Oil/Essence. Classed as a chypre with datura/peony accords and white musk.

I am afraid I would rather have Si - much stronger, which is a real shame as I love YSL but this is just too weak for me. It's as if it has no depth to it or longevity, not for me.

auroramaria

So I got Mon Paris from Sephora Italy today.What can I say? It's not unique but very pleasant.It opens rather sweet and sparkling and the overall feeling is of a quite elegant and sensual scent.It is also very intense
I lke it but it is very similar to other floral fruity and yet I can't stop smelling the back of my hand where I sprayed some and it seems to get better the longer I have it on.
I'm sure it will be liked by many people because it seems to be a very versatile scent great for any occasion.Sillage is good longevity I don't know yet.
It reminds me a bit of Parisienne EDP

Lito2
Lito2

Today Mon Paris have given me, and the truth is that it made me not too much enthusiasm, since indeed it was not those pitches that you had too much desire to. The Cyprus and I... For me it is a fruit (the opening is dominated by undoubtedly the PEAR), quite simple, but brilliant. It is fine, feminine and Nice. I can't find anything special, it is fairly common and easy to use. Reminds me much, much, much to any other fragrance... Had bought it: no.
I will use: absolutely Yes, because it is a very versatile fragrance.

Just tested today.

It is exactly what I have expected.

Just some fruit juice, along with some transparent florals and a bit of white musks. No patchouli. No amber. No class. Just a fruit juice. The bottle is heavy, tacky and umconfortable.

Nothing original at all. Not necessary. Not relevant. Even to the point of being annoying. Sillage is weak, lasting power moderate.

Very soon, if YSL Parfums go along through this way, the YSL Parfums will be sold at petrol stations and supermarkets.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Mon Paris is sweet and pleasing scent. It opens with mix of sweet raspberry and juicy strawberry (luckily it's not artificial here). And it stays that way on me. I can't detect any flowers nor patchouli here. I was curious how datura would mingle with other notes but sadly i can't sense it. I must say it's not revolutionary scent, doesn't bring anything new but somehow the way how it's made it makes me smell it all over again. It's sparkling, very fruity, modern and suitable for all times. Performance is very good with quite heavy sillage for about 2 hours. I like it a lot, even if fruity scents are not really my favorites.
For those who assume that it smells like another Black Opium or LVEB - it's nothing like that. Sweetness doesn't make those perfumes smelling the same or similar.

auroramaria

Mon Paris will launch at Selfridges London on June 11th if you live in London please go test it and let us know what it smells like!!

kl99
kl99

"Italians do it better" Laura Biagiotti made Roma and Venezia for both sexes. Cities belongs to all, and Paris is not the first town populated by amazons, so why there is not a Paris pour Homme, or follows the new brand: Lui Paris?!
@bruno57

auroramaria

I think we can expect this to be rather sweet what with the fruity notes and datura flower plus ambroxan also the bottle is gorgeous even though it reminds me a bit of Victoria'secret bottles

Bruno57
Bruno57

After Black Opium and this new Mon Paris, now we are waiting for Cinéma Girl and Pretty Rive Gauche...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay