Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men

Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are black currant and star anise; middle notes are galanga and sichuan pepper; base notes are tolu balsam, atlas cedar and bourbon vanilla.

Black Currant Star Anise

Galanga Sichuan Pepper

Tolu Balsam Atlas Cedar Bourbon Vanilla

Opium Pour Homme

Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

doummais
doummais

Hey guys,
can someone PM me for this gem?
I would like to buy it, but there is no possibility to find it in my country?
Is there someone who can sell me this beauty?

Donjuandemarco
Donjuandemarco

Reminds me Loui in Interview with a vampire somehow dont know why. I have the reformulated EDP never got the chance to smell the vintage Edp but i can imagine that it's something what would heaven smell like..
I also have a decant of the vintage EDT and that projects better than my EDP but EDP lasts longer and it is definitely sweeter than the EDT.
I like them both but the key with the EDP is less is more. Do not overspray it.Sprayer is bad so 2 sprays is equal to for example DHI bottle 1 spray as amount. So i spray 2 times on chest and it projects 2 3 hours good and lasts 8 9 hours.

One of my all time favourite

UPDATE: This parfume is the most long lasting fragrance i have ever come acrossed... Unbelievable 24+ hours on skin despite shower just two tiny sprays on chest. The smell is just heaven, the performance is unbelievable! 2016 batch

perfumeismagic
perfumeismagic

This is the most gorgeous, amazing, stunning perfume!!!!!!
And the BOTTLE!!!! Ooohhh!!!

Freedomlover
Freedomlover

I've got a few bottles of the edp i bought a few years ago the edp that i have is far more potent deeper and much more intense than the edt which i also have. It's a very unique fragrance.

Buysblind
Buysblind

WOW! I just got in a 50ml bottle of the original formula EDP and it is certainly some amazing juice! A super-plush, rich, deep soft and spicy oriental with absolutely superior performance. It's very similar to the EDT as far as its smell, only if you can imagine the EDT in a much richer, deeper, and sensuous form. I probably get a little less black currant in this version and more tolu balsam, but overall this is just a beautifully spiced oriental resting on a swirling, rounded vanilla bourbon base. If you like the EDT you'll probably love this. I'd use the EDT for daily wear and warmer weather (though never WARM weather), and the EDP for nights out in cold weather. One or two sprays is all that's required. I haven't been this bowled over by a scent in a long time. Two thumbs way up, for YSL's Opium Pour Homme EDP. For what it's worth, an Opium EDP is still available in Europe, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the U.S. Even if the new EDP is not as good as the original formula, I would still imagine that it's very good, and definitely worth considering if you enjoy the EDT.

goldiloks
goldiloks

I worked in a pharmacy, aged 15, when this was first launched. We had a small perfume counter filled with classics such as Champagne, Jazz, Paris, Rive Gauche, Poison, Eden. And Opium pour Homme. I used used to sneak sprays of the tester whenever I could! I would love to smell this again, the original formulation. Back then I has no idea I'd be so in love with fragrance as I am now, and I'd like to think Pour Homme had a huge influence on me. I am female btw. I think I may have to try this one again, and see if it is at all as I remember. Beautiful fragrance!

masak389
masak389

Chazas: To me the current version of EDP has same strenght of EDT pre-reformulation. The current EDT has no sillage, nor longevity. It is due to eugenol and iso-eugenol restrictions and also because the concentration of tolu balsam has been drastically reduced. Such a pity.

Chazas
Chazas

What are the real differences of EDP and EDT in scent and performance, specifically in recent batches?

Thanks

chillzz1230
chillzz1230

Omg YSL you tease us with sch greatness scents and then take them away from us Collectors by getting rid of the greatness and try and sell us remakes and scents that don't last long like your vintage collections.

Slayerized
Slayerized

A brilliant composition of an oriental spicy like it should be!
It lasts all day, smells masculine and seductive. The notes of especially black currant, vanilla and star anise are blended to perfection. 2-3 Sprays and you are set for an entire day! The in blue plastic covered glass bottle is the one to get! Thumbs way up! Rating: 9/10

Bretto66
Bretto66

my partner has half a bottle and a back up bottle from Hong Kong as this masterpiece is no longer available in Australia.....
In a word WOW...........this is the most decadent and sumptuous mens perfume I have ever smelt. again WOW....I miss the old YSL

adeeb90live
adeeb90live

I'm looking for a bottle of the Vintage Opium EDP. Please PM me if anyone is willing to sell it.

holland50
holland50

I totally agree with all the raving reviews. The EDP is unique,contemporary and delightful.
Only we are talking about the edp before reformulation. I still have my (finishing) bottle from january 2004 and just received a new bottle, manufacture date 2015, so I can do a side-by-side comparison.
After the first spray with the reformulated EDP I smell the rich, creamy and dark amber, but already after a few seconds this changes into a lighter version. Not bad, probably more contemporary, but not at all comparable to the darker and fuller original version which seems to last forever. Opium pour homme EDP was a timeless classic, but the new lighter version can not stand in its shadow.

abderrahim
abderrahim

A legendary fragrance, it's more complex than the EDT version...

misstral

I think that they have never changed design of the bottle of this. All the bottles I have in my collection are transperant glass flacons with blue and gold caps. All these bottles are the refills (recharges) of the dark blue plastic container. I have never seen full dark blue glass bottle of Opium edp...

amjadqureshi
amjadqureshi

Tis Ford vs Cavallier.
Being an avid admirer of Tom Ford's creations, I have esteemed majority of creations where he contributed (from M7 to Noir de Noir to Neroli Portofino). But Cavallier, nah. My olfactory receptors could never tune in with all his Aqvas and Issey's (with rare exceptions of his YSL creations.)
I came to know Opium EDP recently. Never liked Opium EDT (who can take that much pepper? They always turn exhaust fan on in East when cooking hot Indian curry with oriental spices).
But Opium EDP smells divine. It stands aloof from hundreds of fragrances I own or ever smelt. Ford Noir EDP had been my signature for couple of years. Still can't believe that Ford's Noir is a poor rip off of Opium EDP. OMG.

Both were together at M7, but who inspired whom? Here I'm subdued.
Tis Ford vs Cavallier.

bp
bp

There is no brand in the world that has a collection of vintage perfume so vast and great as YSL.
Kouros, M7, Rive Gauche, Jazz, Opium, etc .... all absolutely fine.
I have an EDP Opium and I love it.
Classic but irreverent and futuristic.
Excellent.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Totally agree with flafo about reminding Egoiste with this powdery touch.
This one is very different from Opium Eau de toilette, less clean and much much darker.

Unique,contemporary and delightfull.
Longevity is good.
What else can we ask for ?

flafo
flafo

Opium for men, eau de parfum, is really a nice perfume.
It started a little bit too classical but, very quickly, a powerfull oriental amber invade you.
Middle and deep notes are deeper, maybe close of Egoïste of Chanel. In a good way.
The sillage is maybe too strong for me, especialy for the office.
But in any case, this perfume is still a great pleasure to wore.

Opium pour homme en version eau de parfum est un délice. Ses notes de tête m'ont d'abord paru un peu datées, un peu papy mais très rapidement cette sensation s'efface.
Le parfum s'épanouit alors, oriental profond qui me rappelle dans certains moments Egoïte de Chanel que j'ai longtemps porté.
Certes, le sillage est très puissant, envahissant peut être. Le porter au bureau est un challenge. Je ne l'ai pas tenté.
Pour autant, ce parfum reste étonnant, séduisant, et nettement plus original que certains de ses descendants (type One Million).

snifferdogx
snifferdogx

This has been one of my absolute faves for many many years. It's unbeatable in terms of being really luscious and decadent.

Fruity, boozy, spicy, with a deep layer of really complex, almost smoky, vanilla.

And it lasts and lasts and lasts.

Pity it's been restricted for sale to only Eurozone, and now has been reformulated. I just managed to get a bottle of the vintage - even though I have a quarter of the previous bottle still left! - and let me tell you now, its potency does not diminish with time.

And absolute classic, and such a pity it never attained the popularity it thoroughly deserved.

mrlumis
mrlumis

Blind buy. Wow. Read the review by PFGL90 and nero77 to understand what I mean. Can't stop sniffing my arm atm so this review is taking a while to write. Am i glad a own this?..should u try it?.. u bet

nero77
nero77

Smooth, sensual, sweet, exotic, and totally addictive!

What a beautiful gem of a fragrance for men! Stunning! This was one of the first Eau de Parfum marketed fragrances for men back in 1995, and in no way does it smell dated now! It's sensual, sweet and exotic. This perfume has no sharp edges, completely smooth and sensual throughout.

The fragrance itself opens up with zingy aromatic star anise and rich blackcurrant. It's completely beautiful. Followed by galanga and sichuan pepper, and drying down to beautiful tolu balsam and a deep, creamy, rich bourbon vanilla. Utterly intoxicating.

Smooth and sensual, this is one of the best designer perfumes ever made for a man. You have everything you could want in a niche (e.g. a Serge Lutens oriental) from a well-known designer house. This is the YSL of the past, the one we all miss! You can still get this one as (thank God) it's still in production! I hope it stays that way. Easily one of the best and most luxurious for men out there.

giangio
giangio

Yes, Tom Ford Noir is a perfect copy of Opium EDP, but Opium projects into a complex story, Noir TF it's only the introduction of the same story....

libou
libou

La longévité est extraordinaire +12 heures,mais le sillage n est pas monstrueux comme certain l affirme, il est modéré.
odeur incomparable, un chef d'oeuvre !!!! 9/10
Dans la lignée de Jaïpur Homme Boucheron

sum888er
sum888er

a real beast. two sprays are more than enough.

misstral

Perfect...just perfect and long lasting! It's simillar to EDT but have differences..the EDP version is more intensive, more sweet and more pleasent!
Somebody told that this is very similar to Tom Ford's Noir..is it true?

Endymion
Endymion

Finally they added this wonderful masterpiece to Fragrantica database!
I can agree with the comment below, it's in the top 3 best male perfumes from the house of YSL.
This EDP is much deeper, richer, heavier, darker, much more mysterious than the Opium PH EDT (which is already heavy enough).
Could have been called Shalimar Pour Homme as such.
Unfortunately, they don't make such perfumes nowadays :(

PFGL90
PFGL90

A legend...a masterpiece...

For me the best perfume of YSL along with M7 (vintage,of course),spicy and sweet,elegant and powerful at the same time,a must have for everyone who loves perfumery world.

Thank you so much monsieur Cavallier for create this wonderful fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.