Designers » T-Z » Chypre « Groups

Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men

Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men
dislike

Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures Tuxedo Yves Saint Laurent for women and men Pictures

In November 2015, Yves Saint Laurent presents its new collection of luxury fragrances Le Vestiaire des Parfums, which includes five new releases: Caban, Caftan, Tuxedo, Saharienne and Trench. The "perfume wardrobe" collection is inspired by the iconic pieces of Yves Saint Laurent clothing.

Tuxedo is a bit masculine, elegant and dark with accords of patchouli and spices.

All the fragrances are unisex. They are available as 125 ml Eau de Parfum.

The nose behind this fragrance is Juliette Karagueuzoglou.

Violet Leaf Bergamot Coriander

Oud & Bergamot

Tuxedo Fragrance Reviews

dstylazz
dstylazz

Really liking this scent, very nicely done all round.

Initially when i first smelt this scent i was reminded of something familiar but i could not put my finger on it at the time, after buying and wearing for the first time i was still convinced it was slightly familiar and eventually the penny dropped. This scent is very reminiscent of Valentino Uomo mixed with a hint of YSL M7 and well in to the dry down you get faint blasts of what i can only describe as Prada Luna Rosa.

This scent is pretty much a mix and mash of the best bits i like of all three scents rolled in to one.

Longevity is pretty good i'm 8+ hour on my skin but it does go more toward a skin scent toward the end of the day.

I feel protection is quite good for the first 5+ hours.

Worth buying in my opinion. The others in the collection i am yet to try.

michaelrdefiore
michaelrdefiore

This is the superior darker Gucci Pour Homme II . On me I get 6-7 hours and the dry down is heaven. Settles to a clean, sweet spice. Impressed and so were others. If you want compliments this is the one. Huge fan. Even if I'm not, it just makes me feel like I'm in a Tuxedo .

Calvini

This is a fresh spicy fragrance on the drier side... Not very sweet with very little warmth/amber; I'm surprised that's what other people got. To me it's a little screechy and incomplete, something on the lower end of niche

Kristopher Karp
Kristopher Karp

The only niche or private line fragrance I've bought.

I must be crazy because I don't get patchouli at all. To me, this is a sweet, almost gourmand-like fragrance. I had a sample of both this and Feve Delicieuse, and it was in the same creamy ballpark as Feve. The sales girl was adamant there's no tonka in this, but gee you could have fooled me. And there's something in common too with the immensely cheaper CK Euphoria: perhaps it's the sweet sticky texture, and maybe some note that I can't quite put my finger on.

Anyway, the reason I bought it was because it does what I want for a romantic date or even post-date cuddle fragrance: it has a slight femininity, it intrigues you into wanting to smell more of it, and it rewards you for doing so with its complexity (in that you can't, or at least I can't, pin it down to one single note). All the while, it retains a certain luxurious quality. I see this as a Valentines's Day or anniversary fragrance where you show someone you're important to them, rather than a first date where you're more trying to grab their attention or show you're the man.

It has a low sillage but it lasts long enough. Again, that suits me for a romantic fragrance. *Update*: I change my mind on that. I did one spray on the chest and it projected loudly.

Is it worth the money? No. Am I glad it's in my collection? Yep.

antonpan
antonpan

Tuxedo is maybe the most spectacular creation in the Le Vestiaire des Parfums. More masculine to my nose. It starts off with a noteworthy cacao note mixed with tonka and berries that give a "boozy" whiskey effect. In the dry down it becomes more rounded smelling like a 95% copy of Rochas Desir Pour Homme. If you haven't tried Desir the closer alternative will be Gucci Pour Homme II with cacao. The smell is beautiful and will surely be the star of the collection.

Calvini

"A spicy unisex scent that blends the matte texture of smoked patchouli with ambergris accord to express a magnetic and dark sex appeal. The sharp black pepper enhanced with the freshness of cardamom mirrors the satin stripe that runs along the seam of the trousers and the lapels of the jacket."

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

Wore it last week in Milan, and to be honest, all of the fragrances in this collection are beautifully made, very classy and natural smelling, obviously Tuxedo was my favourite, since to my nose, was the most dense and rich from the bunch.

I have to clarify that I do not smell the patchouli, but a very nice, slightly sweet amber with fine spices, very very nice indeed.

I will have to wear it a few more times to decide whether I pull the trigger for a full bottle (EU 240 / 125ml).

Longevity & projection are just average, at least on my dry skin.

UPDATE 01/12/2015
I gave it 2 more chances, and I have to say that I really enjoy it, but due to its short longevity on my skin (4 hours) I will be getting it over a split. Please try them on your skin before judging these fragrances. They are all majestic, but if they do not last, I see no point in buying them considering their price tag.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

An evening cologne! This could be layered with another from the same Le Vestiaire des Parfums Collection. Would definitely give this (and Caftan) a trial!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.