Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Oriental Zara for women
dislike

caramel
Oriental Zara for women Pictures

Oriental by Zara is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are rose and freesia; middle notes are cedar and sandalwood; base notes are vanilla and caramel.

Rose Freesia

Oriental Fragrance Reviews

jenniferpina
jenniferpina

I love this scent
Its sweet and a bit citrusy, i don't think is a winter scent, because is really light and doesn't last more than 5 minutes, which gets in my last goddamn nerves, because i love this scent soooo much.
i wonder if it has any similarities to jimmy choo. I really want to buy jimmy choo, but i can only blind buy it, can someone help me?

I think it's not the most oriental scent I have tried, it's more sweet and woody.Quite simple.
There's caramel and vanilla, for "oriental", there should be more interesting spicy notes. Such a typical sweet, warm fragrance, suitable for colder months.
I must admit, there's a very very barely there alcohol smell, that reminds me of a old drunk man in public transport, but I guess it's better not to associate this perfume with that completely.

Vampiris
Vampiris

Personally, it's really nothing like V&R FB. Zara Black Peony smells a lot more like FB if you are after it which is also beautiful.

This one is sweet, warm, woody and a bit powdery. The vanilla note is prominent. The name Oriental says it all. A simple, but beautiful girly scent. No wonder this is one of the most popular frags from Zara. It somehow reminds of Giorgio Armani Si, I guess it's because they both have these vanilla and woody notes. To me they are in the same category. When I compare them side by side, they are quite different, Oriental hasn't got the freshness that Si comes with, but it has loads of caramel and vanilla in it. It has a slight similar woody vibe like Si does, but it's much warmer than Si. They are both quite OK to me, but I'm kinda leaning towards to Oriental a bit more. It's just a personal preference I guess.

I picked up a 10ml rollerball at the counter last week and I'm quite pleased with it. The packaging isn't tacky at all, but quite simple and nice. It was also sold in 30ml, 100ml or 200ml in the store. Right now the 10ml rollerball is just perfect. I like a few things about Zara frags, they are so inexpensive and they also come in rollerball and handbag sizes, super easy to carry around and re-apply.

The scent to me is kinda original and very trendy at the same time. It smells expensive and sophisticated.

Kohla1
Kohla1

This smells very much like Flowerbomb and pink sugar sparks with my skin chemistry. Smells a little different on my sister but even she says on my skin it smells like those two perfumes! Sillage and longevity is horrible. Scent is lovely though.

polkadotpaws
polkadotpaws

Smelt this in Zara and I have to say I'm very impressed with Zara. When Zara first came out with perfumes they smelt really artificial and cloying. Since then they've come up with numerous perfumes. Now they do what they do best, copy high end and popular designers in terms of fashion and of course, they'd apply their same business technique to their scents. This smells very much like Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, only much linear. Very pretty, warm and versatile fragrance. I'm sure all their other scents are dupes of the originals at a fraction of the price. :)

*_Lilly_*
*_Lilly_*

It's too bad they don't sell perfumes on their website. And there is no stores near me... :(

studentiorebro2005
studentiorebro2005

Dupe of Lalique woman!! Great scent for autumn/winter

elysian
elysian

I tried a couple of Zara perfumes today in the store and this one immediately caught my attention. It's definitely a warm and elegant scent, a little more grown up. I wouldn't recommend wearing this on a hot day because the sweetness would suffocate you. As for the notes, I can really detect sandalwood and caramel. Definitely going to buy this asap! It seems to be perfect for autumn and winter. The only con is the longevity. It fades after a few hours, but for such a low price I can let it slide! P.S. I love me some minimal and classy packaging. Overall a lovely cheap perfume that smells expensive!

ElectricBlue
ElectricBlue

I very much like this fragrance and was very surprised with my reaction when the seller offered my a try. I'd never expect to find a good quality scent in a store which I rarely visit to buy clothes. It had me at the first sniff although I actually don't like sweet perfumes because, honestly, to me all mainstream perfumes tend to be exactly that. Not that I don't own any of easily obtaining ones, but I usually like the discontinued ones more(I have that issue not only with perfumes sadly). All in all, I get often compliments when wearing Zara Oriental, even though It's not my signature scent. I recommend this warmly :)

Million8
Million8

The primary note in this perfume is amber! Wait until is dries, it's almost all amber. I also smell a very powdery floral which is more likely poppy than rose. I have mixed feelings about opium perfumes because I hate junkies, but I love this perfume. I sometimes smell a topnote of fruit loops which I don't like, but that goes away and the amber shines through after the fragrance dries. Sometimes the sweet topnote smells like cotton candy and I like that better than fruit loops. I also smell some midnotes of vanilla expertly blended with high quality patchouli using heat to combine them, most likely, and that is probably the Dolce and Gabbana association that some customers detected. The reason I know that note is vanilla bean combined with patchouli using heat is because I used to heat those two fragrances with water on an oil diffuser and the scent after heating was especially nice. The patchouli I used was distilled in steel instead of cast iron and that's why it smelled warm but not musty. Since this is an oriental perfume, I think it is much more likely that poppy is the powdery floral rather than freesia or rose. Amber can be very powdery too though. I really like the powderyness in this fragrance. I think it has a medium rather than a dark or light amber. I have been wearing this perfume frequently.

katemax
katemax

this is very strong in your face powdery vanilla. my sister bought me a roll on of it and I am impressed by its strength and longevity. it will be a great cold weather scent

rihabi
rihabi

This fragrance is a bit more aggressive than I wanted - it's sweet, but I can't tell it's vanilla-ish sweet. The cedar is too obvious here, i can feel the freesia too. The good thing is, that for this aggressiveness, I get weak longevity. Not enough to call it moderate :) It's alright.

Miriana93
Miriana93

At first, I did not really like this perfume. I was a bit skeptical because it's a Zara fragrance and I scoffed and said this won't last. Boy I was wrong! This fragrance lasts ages on my skin. It does not smell oriental on me though. The initial notes are woody vanilla and then it turns to delicious caramel vanilla. I just love it and it is so comforting to wear. Plus, it is so cheap! 100ml for around 15Eur? Score!

Sarisa85
Sarisa85

Amazing perfume that I recommend to every girl/woman who likes vanilla/caramel warm and cosy perfumes. At first I thought this one, like other cheap perfumes, didnt last so long. I can tell you that this one lasts on my skin longer than other expencive ones. 4 H is okej!

dipisor
dipisor

Warm, cosy scent. The caramel is most predominant to me. Smells like freshly baked cupcakes. Delicious ;)

vanillapocky
vanillapocky

Creamy caramel dry down. Classical, but a bit too classical; slightly boring.

LEXIE
LEXIE

I've repurchased a bigger 100 ml version which proves that it's worth buying. I love vanilla based perfumes. This really doesn't disappoint. Quite light, but with a punch. Don't expect it to be strong and be prepared for reapplying, which is expectable because its EDT. It's not young, though it's sweet; its rather classy and sophisticated. Vanilla, cedar, sandalwood and Carmel mix together to create a beautiful day or night scent. I find it works as well in the summer/ spring as it does in the winter under warm coats and scarves. Well done Zara, another great creation.

diondra
diondra

A fairly linear watery and not overly sweet caramel scent with a slight woodsy undertone. It's kind of sugary crisp. The longevity is a disappointment with a maximum of two hours. It doesn't even stay on my clothes. I love sweet vanilla and gourmands - but I wouldn't call this either a gourmand or an oriental. It's great that the EdT contains 100 ml as you will need a lot of sprays to keep the smell alive. I couldn't disagree more with the person who said it smells expensive. Personally I feel that it smells just as cheap as it is.

suesue
suesue

What a great scent. On me it smells like caramel with vanilla - but its not too loud... I used it in the afternoon, and when i woke up the next morning, i was still able to smell it. Mmmh..

c0c0madmoiselle
c0c0madmoiselle

This smells much more expensive than it actually is (£9.99 for 100ml). I get a gourmand vanilla-caramel fragrance from it, however it is not sickly sweet. Very sexy, glamorous scent in my opinion.

daisyvision
daisyvision

Whew! This is a strong one. There's something a little alcoholic in the opening. Luckily, it soon melts into sweet caramel & vanilla with rosy woods beneath the sweetness. This is indeed similar to Dolce & Gabbana's The One Desire, but for me, Oriental is stronger and has better longevity. Similarly, Oriental also smells like it has litchi in it, just a little bit exotic. Worth trying for the price!

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

On my skyn it isn't a typical gourmand! Yes, I can smell caramel, but maybe the notes of rose, cedar and freesia make it a more mature, grown-up kind of sweet perfume. I don't know why, sometimes it seems to me like a sweeter version of frags like narciso rodriguez for her o_O SO it's a more complex and well blended perfume than a simple gourmand... totally worth the price!

Shiffy
Shiffy

La fragranza, come si evince già dal nome, è tipicamente orientale.
ZARA ORIENTAL emana note molto calde e intense e, a mio parere, la nota predominante è il sandalo, seguito dal caramello. È un profumo molto sensuale e particolare.
Spesso , mentre ero per strada, mi hanno fatto i complimenti chiedendomi di che profumo si trattasse!

Appena spruzzato dà l'idea di essere un po' troppo forte, ma già dopo qualche minuto si addolcisce e diventa portabile.
Sulla mia pelle, ha una persistenza media.

mrin
mrin

Warm, cozy, sexy and delicious are the perfect words to describe this perfume. Suitable for autumn winter time.. it lasts about 3 hours. It is one of those inexpensive priced yet very posh and expensive smelling fragrance.. a very rare find.

pinktoe
pinktoe

My purchasing this was solely based on the notes and Fragranticans comments. So, thank you very much you guys!!!! I totally adore it, it's warm, cozy, sweet without being cloying or overwhelming. I distinctively get the vanilla and caramel, the rose is somehow hidden behind those two, sandalwood and cedar are lost to my nose. I love wearing this beauty when it's really cold and gloomy outside and I feel cuddled and reassured by the warm embrace of sweet vanilla. Staying power is moderate but surprisingly more persistent than I thought it would be. Some days ago I layered this with Nina Ricci' s Nina Fantasy and by the end of the day Nina had vaporized and I could still get whiffs of Zara Oriental. I really like it!!! Excellent value for its price.....which is really, really cheap. I got the 100ml Eau de Toilette for roughly $10.

Orshi
Orshi

How I wish Zara perfumes would last longer! This is a great caramel, not heavy, kind of sparkly. Smells expensive. Unfortunately it only lasts an hour on me. I spray it generously many times a day, it's quite fresh, not cloying. The bottle is gorgeous, I love square, simple, classy bottles. I'm going to get the floral one too, that one is like Chanel Chance. £10 for 100ml is a great price even if it doesn't last long.:)

crisjoy
crisjoy

I dont really like vanilla in perfumes but this is actually "fresh" playful sparkling vanilla and it just hits the spot. Its sensuous, a bit mysterious, but also uplifting and comforting, it smells very expensive. I'm counting it with my classics!

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

I tried this one today because I love Zara perfumes and I have a great experience so far. I have 'Fruity' and 'N92 Champs Elysees' and I just love them. This one is really similar to 'N92 Champs Elysees'. Very pleasant, soft, for daily use.
It's not very long lasting, maybe 3-4 hrs. The main notes are vanilla and caramel.I think there's more caramel than vanilla. There are no signs of cedar and sandalwood , rose is barely there. Very nice:)

Lavender Child
Lavender Child

I tried this out in the store, I enjoyed the first five minutes of it wafting around myself, then I lost the scent. I hope Zara starts with Eaux de Parfum, because their Eaux de Toilette have the worst staying power for me.

sandraliem888
sandraliem888

Just blind bought this item after read some reviews and looking around based on the tone searching, and i found it a very playful vanilla... I am a very vanilla person when i turned to parfumes. I like it very much, even though the aroma will suits to evening wear, it is still wearable for the whole morning and day... I even sprays it a little bit before I go to bed, I love the changing notes from the first note to the middle and base note.... they all fit my nose perfectly. I intend to buy the floral version of this zara woman series to complete my collection of zara's EDT... The price won't hurt you so much... Very cheap indeed for a quite sophisticated aroma... The bottle is very simple and classy...

panicna
panicna

It reminds me of ESCADA Magnetism, it smells really rich and I didn't expect to last long considering the price but I was surprised. Only I can say, 100ml bottle for 10 Euros its a great deal.

ZELJO

the more I smell, the more I like, smells rich, gourmand, yummi, elegantly sweet, great value for money, dont miss it

flylikeacg
flylikeacg

when i first smelt this, i IMMEDIATELY fell in love and knew i had to have this, this is both suitable for day and night, to me its top notes are vanilla , caramel and wood? if that makes any sense, all those scents mixed together to form a nice and warm scent , it smells very expensive, which is something i look for in a perfume sometimes, i love smelling good and i think its very appropriate for the fall and winter, but i wear my scents all year round because its summer all year round in singapore, LOVE THIS!

malibubarbie84
malibubarbie84

This is a day or night everyday perfume it sit wonderfully on the skin and lingers, gives you a very cozy feeling.

Hidro
Hidro

Somehow it reminds me of Vanilla Fields by Coty, which I adored in the late nineties.
This is rather a gourmand vanilla scent then oriental floral, I can smell lots of vanilla, a little caramel and maybe a little coconut. The lasting power is about 3 hours.
After all I like it.

Ticaa
Ticaa

I like it more at th drydown rather than when I first spray it on. It does last couple of hours, which is nice, considering th price. :) It definitely last longer than Escada's EDT which cost multiple times more. I can smell more caramel than vanilla.

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

why female, everybody could use this sweet one

altair
altair

I have bought a 100ml bottle of this edt today.
Impressions: It smells 50% vanilla, 49% caramel and 1% powder. Nothing more, nothing less. Luckily the concentration of perfume is very weak so the vanilla and caramel won't suffocate you.
Sillage: 5cm.
Lasting power: 2 hrs.
Age group: 15-35 years.
Price: Very affordable.

ZELJO

pleasant and soft, daily use for a modern, not neccesary young, woman, ageless I,d say, suitable for any woman at day time

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Zara Oriental fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Zara Oriental, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oriental by Zara. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oriental by Zara represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.