Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

mark Bohista mark. for women

mark Bohista mark. for women
dislike

cacao

Avon mark Bohista was launched in 2006. The perfume contains notes of ginger, lily, orchid, musk and chocolate. The nose behind this fragrance is IFF.

Ginger Lily

Orchid

Musk Mexican chocolate

Christian Lacroix Absynthe

mark Bohista Fragrance Reviews

ptilda
ptilda

To me, this is like a Jil Sander scent. It's so beautifully and unusually blended. I get the musk primarily, with the chocolate, ginger, and orchid humming in the background.

This is such a gorgeous and understated beauty. Not a gourmand. But the chocolate is almost woody. It's just gorgeous. The more I wear it, the more I love it.

Ambergris Intoxication
Ambergris Intoxication

Mmmm... Yummy! I went through many a bottle before they discontinued my lovely Bohista. No, it's not a gourmand! (IMO) It's a flat out no holds barred oriental floral! They just used chocolate instead of vanilla. Evan if it was supposed to be a gourmand thankfully I can't see it. It smells classic and classy and a little hippie, if you can understand that. My favorite in winter. When I could still get it. It's crazy expensive on ebay.

Update:
I just bought a bottle on ebay and would like to change one thing about my review. It's not classic! It's very different but no less gorgeous and still a favorite! It had just been so long I'd forgotten how different and exiting Bohista was!

Mangocat
Mangocat

This perfume has to be my most favorite! As fragrances do vary from person to person depending on your personal chemistry...this fragrance comes out like light chocolate, cinnamon and magnolia! Men love it. I once coupled it with Bath and Body Works' "Fresh Cut Grass" scent...the combination of grass and cinnamon made 2 men customers of mine comment on the loveliness! And my boyfriends bury their noses in my neck. THAT'S the sign of a good fragrance. AH, but good things come to an end. I can only find this scent online...and pay literally "through the nose" for it. Great fragrance! Can't find another like it!!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A sharply chemical-like synthetic opening followed by weak spice introduces this fragrance, which could be labelled as a gourmand with its chocolate note. Bohista lasted an hour, maybe, on my skin. A slight hint of the chocolate came through, but I had to put my nose to my skin to find it.
This is perfect for a very young person, which is where the Mark target audience is located. The fragrance seems more like a body spray than an EdT, but the cost doesn't reflect this, even on the secondary market for a discontinued frag.
Bohista for its short duration stayed an artificial olfactory perception for me. Since it was extremely synthetic smelling, discerning any type of pleasantness was close to impossible. Luckily, the bottle was on loan and happily returned home to its' owner quickly.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Mark is bringing this back. A three pack of purse sprays, discontinued scents, $20. Looks like an interesting trio to try.

Beth1218
Beth1218

Very nice, pleasant fragrance. Sweet but not cloying. I can smell the cocoa and ginger notes. Unfortunately, Avon has discountinued this fragrance. They had another fragrance, Kashmiri, which smelled similar. But, they have discontinued that as well. I could look for this fragrance on Ebay, etc. But, I would rather find a readily, available replacement.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This is a beautiful fragrance. I think this is quite like Dior Dune. It's not exact, but to describe it would be to describe also Dune. I wish there were more reviews on this to see if it's just me or several others also. Do speak up!

Aaaah Bohista...HOW do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

First off: this is a wonderful blend of some pretty awesome "notes" including chocolate, musk, ginger lilies and wonderfully orgasmic orchids! I have the lotion and a roller ball of the EDP (and WISH I had gotten a FB, as it is now discontinued!), and together they make the scent last a REALLY long time (all day and into the night). The perfume itself, though, is so very well made.

It begins with the creaminess of ginger lilies (NOT ginger and lilies) which grow in the southeast Asia (where it never frosts) and have a floral cardamom like aroma. They are actually the blossoms of a root tuber in the zingiber (ginger) family. This perfume is creamy and warm like a healing balm. The heart of this divine creature is orchids, big full dripping ones. I am guessing from its opulent and rich aroma, one of the sobralia specie, similar to what one would smell in a lush tropical rain forest. It has an amazing "come hither" aura to it, that is at once sexy yet soft. On initially rolling this on my wrist for this review, it began rather clear and spicy with lovely floral nuances that began, as it dried, to grow and exude the most heavenly dark floral that captivated and enthralled me. In its ultimate dry down, the soft scent of chocolate (smooth, sweet and creamy) is here; but not the actual "gourmand" chocolate note itself, layered with musk. The musk! Oh Gods, the musk...it has modern allusions to the civet in a vintage EDC and something that sparks some primordial memory of satisfaction, love and excitement. Oriental and floral indeed; but this is NOT your typical "floriental" scent. It has accords that are oriental (and rather exotic), but it is also delicious (in its sensuality) and teasingly naughty in regards to the flowers and spices themselves. Two revolutions of the roller ball on skin (NOT even sprayed!) and it is rising around me like some ancient mist that escaped, from an old tarnished lamp from a bazaar, after rubbing it. Magical, marvelous and mystical...are you sure this is from Avon AND the 21st century? Because I am sure this is the smell of ancient harems and lovely sultanas dressed in opulent colors and sheer veils wearing warm golden jewelry with sparkling rubies and fire opals, as delicacies are eaten and soft ambery incense burns in the background.

Sillage: great
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.5/5

I tried to "look" up BOHISTA both in the dictionary and encyclopedia (online) and found the depressing NO RESULTS response on both. I am assuming here that this is a play on words: bohemian + parfumista = Bohista!! It does have some similarities with "sophistique" (also from mark.) BUT this is way better; and where sophistique is a very comfortable, elegant and dry scent; Bohista is much more sensual and full of life and compelling. If you have it, try it again...it's awesome! If you don't, get it while you can!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about mark. mark Bohista fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about mark. mark Bohista, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify mark Bohista by mark.. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of mark Bohista by mark. represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.